UKC

Mapping software

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CarbonCopy 27 Dec 2013
Hi All

For a while now I've been using Nike+, or similar software/apps such as mampometer to keep track of my runs etc. These all work fine to tell me where I've been and how long it took me.

But now I'm off on holiday to an area which I dont know so well. I've researched some routes that I can run but I'm a little worried that I wont be able to rememeber the route once I'm running and I dont want to have to take a map with me on the run. I suppose I need a kind of sat nav app for running with which I can program certain routes into. But pref an app that will also have all the features of the usual mapping apps - tracking distance, pace and integrates with a muisc playlist. Does anyone know of such an app??

Cheers

In reply to CarbonCopy:

Runkeeper
RockShock 08 Jan 2014
In reply to CarbonCopy:
IT really depends on the hardware you use. I, for one, don't run with my mobile, so no experience here.

However, my forerunner 410 has an option to follow a pre-uploaded course by showing a small 'compass' arrow to show you the direction of the pre-created track.

I create the track in any mapping software (I use Garmin BaseCamp, which I normally use for my eTrex20), then I upload it to the watch and select the course to follow when I begin to run.

Not good at all for real 'navigation' (ie, if your pre-created course is wrong you cannot modify it, nor view any kind of map to search for alternative) but perfect for a serious workout following a predesigned course where there's no need for map, just for directions...
Post edited at 14:49
 Tony the Blade 08 Jan 2014
In reply to CarbonCopy:

www.endomondo.com I used it recently in Sri Lanka and have used it for a number of years in UK and abroad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...