UKC

digital-rev ????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark s 28 Dec 2013
After much deliberation of a 700d v 60d i reckon the 60 is the one.
seen them for a decent price on digital rev.wondered if anyone had used the site and their experience of it
 sheep 28 Dec 2013
In reply to mark s:

Very good, i would say.

I ordered a camera from them on 2/12/13 and it arrived 4 days later.

The tracking info (via DHL) excellent and there were no problems at all with import clearance, (though the package value was stated as £39).

You're avoiding VAT, etc. but if your conscience can deal with that then you're good to go.

The camera will not have a manufacturer's warranty but D-rev offer their own warranty (2 years i think) and i was told (by my neighbour, a pro-photographer) that they are trustworthy in honouring the warranty, unlike many other HK sellers who generally fail miserably in this area.

Happy clicking.
 Robert Durran 28 Dec 2013
In reply to mark s:

Used it last week to buy a camera having satisfied myself by researching on the internet that it was ok. It seems a perfectly reputable company. Service was excellent and prompt (and the price was very good). Only complaint was that I couldn't find a receipt in the package (but it is possible I inadvertently threw it out).
OP mark s 28 Dec 2013
In reply to mark s:

cheers guys
 cwarby 31 Dec 2013
In reply to sheep:

I've been looking at cameras from HK; given the savings can be substantial (£50 on £300 on one I've looked at), it sounds like your experience is good. My worry is, if something goes wrong, you've no comeback. Are there any sellers you would avoid?
Chris
 Dauphin 01 Jan 2014
In reply to mark s:

never bought anything but they have a great youtube camera review site

strange and funny camera reviews

D
 sheep 01 Jan 2014
In reply to cwarby:

> I've been looking at cameras from HK; given the savings can be substantial (£50 on £300 on one I've looked at), it sounds like your experience is good. My worry is, if something goes wrong, you've no comeback. Are there any sellers you would avoid?

> Chris

Yep. All of 'em, apart from D-rev.

I think i hold that opinion because HK sellers seem to rely heavily on automated systems as far as possible. They will all (eventually) deliver your camera at the stated price but it's when problems arise (as they sometimes do) that you want to be dealing with a company who have built a reputation for good customer service.

I've no qualms about recommending a seller who i believe offers good service.

Cheers, happy new year.
 Richard Carter 01 Jan 2014
In reply to mark s:

D.Rev is fine, used them loads. I once need a repair and since couldn't be bothered to send the stuff back to HK, I just sent it to Nikon to see what would happen, was fixed under warranty just the same as if I'd bought in in the UK.

I think that D.Rev have a UK centre you can send warranty stuff to now don't they?
 cwarby 01 Jan 2014
In reply to sheep:

Appreciate that. Its the Sony HX300 i'm after.
Thanks. Happy New Year to you as well!
Chris
 IM 01 Jan 2014
In reply to cwarby:

I have had brilliant service from onestop digital - two camera bodies and a lens (all bought at different times). Very fast shipping, tracked all the way, plenty communication. Can't fault them.
 roddyp 01 Jan 2014
In reply to mark s:

I used Digital Rev once last year. Pre-sales service, delivery and tracking info were all spot, but it's the VAT aspect that left a sour taste.

The customs information with the package had a totally fictitious figure on it, purely to avoid duty, and the 'senders address' was just some random individual - probably so that HMRC don't spot the packages so easily.

I don't want to pay any more tax than I'm obliged to, but this just felt rather grubby.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...