UKC

NEWS: Crowds Gather for Christmas Ascent of Christmas Crack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Dec 2013
Our reservation, 4 kb

With the lull in between the storms arriving on Christmas Day this year, a large crowd gathered to climb Christmas Crack, HS 4a, at Stanage Popular this year, lead by a particularly grumpy party, in seasonal dress.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68615
 john yates 30 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Two wooden pegs on a Stanage Hard Severe - it's a slippery slope Mr Turnbull. Happy New Year.
 Bulls Crack 30 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

So that's how routes get polished!
 muppetfilter 30 Dec 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Nah, its the hundreds of uni freshers each year peddaling up routes with hangovers and dirty trainers that does it ;0)
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 30 Dec 2013
In reply to john yates:

It's a sign of the times.
 Sam Beaton 31 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I've been climbing for nearly 20 years and have never got anywhere near to being in a guidebook. My wife has been climbing with me about three times, once being Xmas Crack on Xmas Day about 10 years ago, and it's her you can see seconding me (I'm out of shot on top of the crag) in the misty shot in the current Stanage guide!
 Mutl3y 31 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Just wondering, what would have happened if there had been a queue at crimbo crack when the grumpy party turned up? Would it have been legitimate for them to have been bumped up the running order?
 stevelismore 31 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

The crowds continued through the afternoon-I arrived about 1:30 and got on to lead it about 2:30. Then shared my mincepies with everyone. Then we did Narrow Buttress and finally finished with drinks at the Norfolk Arms. Think I might do this every Christmas!
 Michael Hood 31 Dec 2013
In reply to stevelismore: Thanks for the mince pies, we did it after you and left as you were doing Narrow. I think there was one more pair on it after us so there wasn't much queuing by the end of the day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...