Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Decathlon -How has it taken me this long?

gcandlin - on 30 Dec 2013
Ok so I am a bit late in discovering Decathlon as a source for outdoor gear, I always just assumed it was cheap tat that was not even worth considering. However after reading a few post about their mountaineering trousers and with a trip to Scotland upcoming and no money in my bank I went and had a look.

Anyway they had a bit of a sale on so for the same price as 1 Patagonia base layer I got the Symond softshell mountaineering pants, 2 winter wieght base layers with 1/2 length zips, and 3 pairs of gloves. I was gobsmacked by the quality for the money charged and I say that as somebody who used to manufacture sewn goods so I know what I am looking at so to speak. Truly great value.

My only concern is that paying such low prices mean somebody is getting bent over and its probably the poor bugger who makes it out in Bangladesh or China. Feel a bit conflicted about that to be honest.

Anyway no real point to this post really other than I was shocked at what you get for your money, feel a bit silly having paid big money all these years for products that are maybe only 10% better in performance and quality, especially for someone who doesn't live in extreme mountain conditions many days of the year.
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums