UKC

Adobe email

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 31 Dec 2013
I've just had an email, supposedly from Adobe, which stinks of scam. Seems to be a new(to me) variation on a theme. Anyone else had one from "Adobe"?
KevinD 31 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

They send them out from time to time. They were badly compromised a while back though and emails and passwords leaked.
What exactly was the email?
OP FesteringSore 31 Dec 2013
In reply to dissonance:

"Important Password Reset Information
Adobe Read online
Adobe

Important Password Reset Information
To view this message in another language, please click here .

As we announced on 3 October 2013, we recently discovered that an attacker illegally entered our network and may have obtained access to your Adobe ID and encrypted password. We currently have no indication that there has been unauthorised activity on your account.

To prevent unauthorised access to your account, we have reset your password. Please visit www.adobe.com/go/passwordreset_uk to create a new password. We recommend that you also change your password on any website where you use the same user ID or password. In addition, please be on the lookout for suspicious email or phone scams seeking your personal information.

We deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause you. We value the trust of our customers and are working aggressively to prevent these types of events from occurring in the future. If you have questions, you can learn more by visiting our Customer Alert page, which you will find here .

Adobe Customer Care

Adobe, the Adobe logo and Adobe PDF logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

©2013 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. "

I'm not even aware of having an Adobe password

OP FesteringSore 31 Dec 2013
In reply to dissonance:

Hmmm; I've just done some googling. Seems it might not be a scam after all.
KevinD 31 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

> Hmmm; I've just done some googling. Seems it might not be a scam after all.

Yeah it looks close to the one I got ages back.
Strange you have only recently got it though.
Note their "encrypted password" wasnt that well encrypted so pay particular attention to the changing passwords on other sites if you did reuse it.
interdit 31 Dec 2013
In reply to dissonance:

> Yeah it looks close to the one I got ages back.

Same as the one I received a while back.

To the OP - If you are ever unsure about stuff like this then make sure you click no links in the email.
Go directly to http://www.adobe.com and if your password has been affected then you will be prompted to create a new one when you try to log in.

> Strange you have only recently got it though.

Maybe the '38 million' is about to be revised upwards again?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...