UKC

Paramo Enduro Jacket and Pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 funnybunnytom1 01 Jan 2014
Has anyone got any experiences with the Paromo Enduro Panys and Jacket, I've heard they are great but could use a second opinion.
 Y Gribin 01 Jan 2014
In reply to funnybunnytom1:

I've got the pants and think they're great - much better cut than previous Paramo, but still relatively heavy. Annoyingly they don't come with braces, as they really need them to hold up the high back.
 Denzil 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Y Gribin:
Second the comments re the trousers. My daughters bought me a pair of braces for Christmas which does make them better on the waist. Haven't been able to justify buying the jacket yet since I already have a couple of other paramo tops.
 Y Gribin 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Denzil:

Out of interest, what kind of braces did you get? I am looking for some for mine at the moment. Cheers.
In reply to Y Gribin:

What are the kick strips like?
 SimonCRMC 01 Jan 2014
Just got the Enduro trousers. As someone else said, lighter than the older Altas and maybe slightly less warm though I was out in about minus five with wind chill and they were fine. More flexible material too which helps. I've got Mammut braces on mine which are excellent. The crampon patches are less robust than the Altas but a good reminder to try hard not to nick them!
Post edited at 15:03
 Y Gribin 01 Jan 2014

Fine but nothing too tough - a bit like a panal of stretch Schoeller. It wouldn't protect against a direct puncture but is fine for me.
 Neil Pratt 01 Jan 2014

Got the jacket for Christmas - have had it out a couple of times but not in anything particularly grim as yet. It's a very neat, trim cut; I've gone up a size for a comfy fit. Pretty heavy, but I wore it up Ben Vrackie today with only a polyester base layer underneath and was comfortable all day. Got pretty warm lower on the hill, but without that clammy wetness you'd expect from a membrane jacket on a humid day like today. Sleeve and pocket vents kept the internal temperature tolerable.

I've also got the trousers - they work well with the jacket. They definitely need braces - I used the ones from my Decathlon softshells which work fine. I'd have liked the waistband to be a little higher at the front, but that's about the only quibble I have.

Definitely cold weather kit only for me though
 Denzil 02 Jan 2014
In reply to Y Gribin:

> Out of interest, what kind of braces did you get? I am looking for some for mine at the moment. Cheers.

Mammut - and plain black. I was expecting my daughters to get something fluorescent or multicoloured!
libertytoday 02 Jan 2014
In reply to Neil Pratt:

how is the hood on the jacket
i fancy it but would rarely use a helmet
does it adjust well and stay there?
ta
 Neil Pratt 03 Jan 2014
In reply to libertytoday:

Hood is good - it's very similar to the one on my Rab Latok Alpine - needs to be cinched down if you're not wearing a helmet, but gives a big great feeling of being able to hide inside it when the wind's up.

If you don't need a helmet compatible hood, might be worth looking at the Helki as well - another new design and it's £100 cheaper.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...