UKC

NEWS: Hard New Boulder Ascents For Wilson & Newman

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Jan 2014
Joe Wilson on the first ascent of Bloodsport LH, 4 kb

Joe Wilson and Tom Newman have both put up a hard new boulder problem each recently. Joe climbed the first ascent of Blood Sport Lefthand, at Shaftoe Crags, a lefthand variant on an Andy Earl 8A+/B, Earl thought the Lefthand would be around 8B. Tom Newman has added a sit-start to Ben Bransby's Three Hundred Pound Musclin' Man, calling it An Extra Pound of Musclin' Man, and grading it 8A... 

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68620
 JoeW2388 01 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Just so you know, I didn't give Bloodsport LH a grade. I heard Andy gave it a projected grade of 8B and he's certainly more of an authority on this than I am.
 JKW 01 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News: Well done Joe and Tom. Also great to hear you are still climbing Joe and obviously very hard by the sounds of it, brilliant effort.
Jill Whittaker

lanky and weak 02 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Congrats Joe! Again, good to hear you're still cranking! Keep up the good work
In reply to UKC News:

Strange problem, the second one. The arête is out, presumably.

jcm
 Souljah 02 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

An Extra Pound of Musclin' Man looks quality. Nice one!
 Arms Cliff 02 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

The new problem is the second one, the first one the vid shows is Ben's Wall (7C?) which is an eliminate.
In reply to Arms Cliff:

Ah, right, thanks. Is that why it says Ben's Wall in the corner of the screen, then?!

jcm
 quiffhanger 02 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

The _first_ problem shown is Ben's Wall, correctly labeled - an eliminate 7c.

The second unlabeled problem, just below & left of The Groove & Fern Hill, by the looks of things, is the one with the new sit start.
 a13x 03 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Nice job on the problems guys, but that article is really hard to understand! Its just a jumble of words, took me ages to even work out what crags we were talking about!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...