UKC

sking in mountain boots ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich35 01 Jan 2014
ok. im guessing this may have been done to death but ill ask anyway.
I have scarpa mont blanc boots and want to buy skis to ski in and out of routes. don't want to buy ski boots. I know its better but want to stick with boots I have. any advice greatly appreciated.
Rich
 Doug 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Rich35:

As you say, 'been done to death' in several threads so worth a search. In short, yes its possible if you get the right bindings, but you might not enjoy the downhills
OP Rich35 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Rich35:

Cheers. Mainly im trying to establish which manufacturer binding will work
All the Gear, No Idea 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Rich35:
I have been told you can't, I have been told you can.
I have,
It is not easy,
I would liken it to climbing a route in rock shoes, and then trying the same route in flip flops.

Give it a go plastics are better than leather/fabrics IMHO
 earlsdonwhu 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Rich35:

So many variables. What's your skiing like already? Snow conditions? Distance to routes?

If you want something basic, simple and functional you could look out for second hand Silvretta 404's. They will do a job and allow you to skin in easily enough to routes but overall don't expect fun from the skiing part of the whole experience.
johnj 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Rich35:

It's easy, don't try and do pretty turns, all survival ski-ing, form a good solid wedge (snowplow) when you can, keep your weight balanced, other than that lots of traverses and kick turns and you'll get access to wherever you want to go.

404 bindings do the job fine
OP Rich35 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Rich35:

cheers guys ill have a look online see what prices are like.
 IoanTataru 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Rich35:

Some do it the other way around. Climbing in Dynafit TLT5/TLT6 ski-mo boots.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...