UKC

Stanage camping/accomodation in February?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jsmcfarland 02 Jan 2014
Hi there,

Anyone have any ideas about where to stay that's reasonably close to Stanage in February? We can drive to the closest parking so anywhere within 20 minutes would be fine enough I guess.

I tried Swallholme, Greenaces and North Lee's campsites and they all state the aren't open over the winter. Anyone got any ideas?
 mrdigitaljedi 02 Jan 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Seen alot of campers on the carparks at stanage so maybe just pull up and stay.
 timjones 02 Jan 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:

I think North Lees is open at weekends. It certainly was when we were there in early December.
 CurlyStevo 02 Jan 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Hardhurst farm is open all year and great value
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 02 Jan 2014
In reply to mrdigitaljedi:

> Seen alot of campers on the carparks at stanage so maybe just pull up and stay.

Not good advice - you will deffo get moved on,

Chris
OP jsmcfarland 02 Jan 2014
In reply to mrdigitaljedi:

I'm hoping to do a 2 week stay so North Lees was out of the picture sadly.

I've made enquiries to Thorpe Farm bunkhouses and they are looking like a very good bet
In reply to jsmcfarland:
As previously mentioned Harhurst farm is all year round, 10 minute drive from stanage, great facilities and only 5 quid a night! The showers are ace as well!
 CurlyStevo 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

plus they have a cafe and do breakfasts
 Jon Stewart 03 Jan 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:

2 weeks at Stanage in February? Isn't there somewhere you could go where it won't rain every single day?
 deacondeacon 03 Jan 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:
Id head to Hardhurst Farm. It's a 10 minute drive to Stanage but nice, clean, hot showers are really welcome on a cold february morning. Also the pub is only about a minute away (the walk to the pub from North Lees is nice but it's about 15 minutes away across boggy fields).
I haven't stayed at Hardhurst for a couple of years but the cafe used to close through the winter so bare that in mind.

Post edited at 07:25
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Unfortunately the cafe is only open inthe summer
 the power 03 Jan 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Go to spain
 Owen W-G 03 Jan 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Another vote for Hardhust Farm. On site cafe closed until Easter but it'll be open and cold! Boozer next door too, far from my favourite peak pub but entirely functional.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...