/ Wanted: Jetboil cup (those rubbish plastic things)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
David Barratt - on 02 Jan 2014 - user since 10/Apr/11
The Jetboils come with crap plastic cups... anyone got a spare, or better and tougher version?
Tom Last - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to David Barratt:

Those cups are proper shit. I don't understand why Jetboil can't make the cup out of the same tough stuff as the lid? Sorry, not much help.
johnt - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to Tom Last:

Check out the Ultralight Outdoor Gear website, search for the Jetboil Sol aluminium and look under the 'Our Verdict' tab - apparently an Evernew 400ml titanium mug fits on perfectly according to one of their customers - I've just ordered one, 24.99. Regards John.
David Barratt - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to johnt:

Sounds perfect, I'll have a look. Thanks.

Jetboil truly arsed up the design with the standard mug.
David Barratt - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to johnt:

and 24.99!!! bit pricey! might still get it though.
McKEuan - on 02 Jan 2014

Hitch and Hike sell all jetboil accessories and spare parts! I don't use that bit as a cup just to protect the bottom!
McKEuan - on 02 Jan 2014
johnt - on 03 Jan 2014

When it arrives I'll post on here to let you know what I think about it.
johnt - on 04 Jan 2014

My Evernew 400ml titanium cup arrived this morning and fits on the bottom of the Jetboil Sol like a glove - there are obviously no tabs to engage with the bottom of the heat exchanger to lock it in place but a large elastic band keeps it secure and it is less than 1 cm deeper than the plastic measuring cup supplied by Jetboil. A great product.
David Barratt - on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to johnt:

Good to know, thanks. I imagine it will be easier to clean the porridge out of as well!
Alex Slipchuk on 06 Jan 2014
In reply to David Barratt: I use a msr titan kettle, it allows me to keep the pot clean for water whilst I can fit a coffe filter in base, the whole lot lives in a slim drybag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.