UKC

Information wanted please - Valle di Ollomont ice climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Williams 05 Jan 2014
A bit of a very long shot I realise, but I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the long out of print 'Diamante di Cristallo' by Gian-Carlo Grassi and Aldo Cambioli (1994) that they no longer need and would be willing to sell to me?

Failing that, would anyone please consider briefly lending me a copy so that I could scan/ photocopy some information from it? I'm particularly interested in the Valle di Ollomont section.

Most happy to pay all costs and make a contribution to the beer fund - or whatever.

Please PM me or post here if you are able to help in any way.

Many thanks!

Dave

OP Dave Williams 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Dave Williams:

Bumpedy bump.
 Pay Attention 07 Jan 2014

I don't have that book, but try this in Google Translate, or maybe you're fluent in Italian.

http://www.gulliver.it/itinerario/59832/

Does that help?
I prefer Chianti or Pinot Grigio to beer
 Graeme Barr 07 Jan 2014
Don't have the book but have climbed a few of the routes in ollomont if you are looking for particular info. There is some info and pictures on planet mountain and nearly all ice falls are clearly visible from the road. Do remember that the book gives alpine grades and wasn't all that helpful really. Great place to climb away from the crowds of cogne!
OP Dave Williams 09 Jan 2014

Thanks everyone for your help and very useful advice. Thanks too to John and especially to Martin for your PMs. :¬)

Happy climbing!

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...