UKC

Is CNF Outdoors safe to buy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PPP 05 Jan 2014
Hi,

I have found a great deal in CNF Outdoors ( http://www.cnfoutdoors.co.uk/ ) website, but it does seem a little bit suspicious. They have customer service which responded me on Sunday (how cool!), but I could not find any reviews on the internet.

Has anyone tried this shop and if so, how did it go?

Thanks,
PPP
 Puppythedog 05 Jan 2014
In reply to PPP:

No idea, use a credit card if buying over the net to protect yourself if you choose to buy.
In reply to PPP:
I've come across them before but never bought from them - you do know they are a small newish business? They are not vat registered (taxable turnover of less than £79000) so will be cheaper. If you are suspicious purely on price then bear that in mind.
Does it feel right to you otherwise? Do you trust them with your details? Are you able to use S75 protection?
Remember all businesses have to start somewhere, but if you are not prepared to risk it, then walk away.
OP PPP 05 Jan 2014
In reply to PPP:

Thanks for advices, made an order today. Couldn't afford the same item at higher price, so I guess it was worth a risk. If someone is interested, it is Wild Country Zephyros 1 Lite tent I bought. It is out of stock now (it seems it's out of stock almost everywhere), but assistant/manager told me that they will receive it next week or the next but one.

I'll keep this topic updated either way.
Cambridge-Climber 05 Jan 2014
In reply to PPP:
Mmm, seems like they're keeping their overheads low by advertising items for sale, but not holding any stock and working on a making a couple of quid per item (on the back of their lower overheads).

It certainly seems the case from their reviews. If you can afford to wait, then you bag a bargain.

OP PPP 06 Jan 2014
In reply to Cambridge-Climber:

Thanks! I can wait, I'm not planning to do any camping in Winter anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...