UKC

Sudan climbing & bouldering expedition

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Dave Lucas 06 Jan 2014
premier post photo
The Expedition Consultancy (TXC) and Dave Lucas are looking for climbers to join their expedition that is off to climb first ascents in Sudan (Not to be confused with the country of South Sudan). Our eyes are firmly fixed on the prize, which will be the granite domes of Jebel Taka and the seemingly countless boulders that litter the slopes around the peaks.

We will be heading there in February 2015 for 2 weeks to climb new routes and as many boulder problems as the skin on our fingers can take. This will be a great adventure for those who are keen to put up their own routes and problems in a rarely visited location known for its exciting culture. A culture in which we will ride on donkey carts to reach the climbing near villages where the Beja tribesmen proudly carry their swords, daggers and throwing sticks. On top of this, our expedition will be watched upon by vultures soaring high above the granite walls and by baboons that patrol through the vast boulder fields.

On a recent visit Dave Lucas described the area as feeling like one of the safest places he has travelled to in a long while. “It was refreshing to travel without the constant hassle that can often go hand in hand with traveling through many of the world’s better known countries.” But it’s not just the vultures, baboons, swords, climbing and culture that made us want to go back. There is the added bonus of going during the Sudanese winter when the weather should be dry, sunny and clear, providing a great escape from the damp dark cold of the UK in February.

Click here to read more - http://expeditionconsultancy.com/wp/2013/12/1496/

To contact us please email: lucas@expeditionconsultancy.com
Or visit www.facebook.com/TheExpeditionConsultancy.com
In reply to Dave Lucas:

Looks a superb trip; however, I was just wondering what the price quoted includes - airfares, local transport etc?

I had a quick look at the T&C, but they were a bit full-on
OP Dave Lucas 07 Jan 2014
In reply to maisie:

Hi and thanks for your interest in the expedition. We have an informative PDF that we can send to you which paints the trip in much finer detail. If you email me and then I can email one to you. Below shows the section on what is included within the cost of the trip:

"The expedition starts and finishes in the hotel in Khartoum. Between those points all of your registration costs, UK based remote medical support, travel, accommodation, food (lunch / drinks excluded) and water will be paid for. In short we will pay for what you need in order to have a great expedition."

The expedition does not include Flights, Insurance, Visa etc. We have researched these costs and at the start of 2014 we expect these to total £635 (if you will have a first aid qualification and are up to date with all your vaccinations)

I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Regards

Dave Lucas
In reply to maisie:

> I had a quick look at the T&C, but they were a bit full-on

The T&C are totally appropriate for something like this..."full on" is fine. People need to know what they're getting into. It's not like we're going to Thailand for a week's bolt clipping. For instance, although the trip will probably pass off without incident, people need to know that they can be booted from the exped at any time if they behave like dicks (either towards other exped members or the locals).

It will be excellent, no doubt about that.
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Ah, yes - see how that came across now. I wasn't actually having a pop about the T&C: it was more of a forward apology that the prices might have been put in there, but that I hadn't been able to find them.

In terms of behaviour, you'd have to hope that anyone wishing to go out to Sudan would know how to comport themselves, though.
OP Dave Lucas 27 Jan 2014
The expedition team for this Sudan expedition is shaping up well. Please do not hesitate to email us if you have any questions.

Click here to read more:

http://expeditionconsultancy.com/wp/our-expeditions/future-expeditions/suda...

Talk soon

Dave Lucas

OP Dave Lucas 31 Jan 2014
In reply to maisie:

Hi Maisie.

I'm sorry for the late reply. We have been out of the country for the past couple of months and on very slow / no internet connections and for some reason haven't been able to open the full chain of messages.

No apologies needed for the T&Cs! The length is just a reflection of the UK legal system and the fact that in general our expeditions are of adventurous nature and people need to be aware of what they are signing up for.

We are confident that the Sudan trip will be an amazing adventure and can't wait to take our team to this amazing and rarely visited corner of the world.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to email us.

Best regards,
Dave Lucas
OP Dave Lucas 04 Mar 2014
SPECIAL OFFER TO WOMEN!

According to the BMC statistics about 25% of climbers in the UK are women, yet unfortunately we do not see this reflected in our bookings. To encourage more women to join our climbing adventures and also to recognize the International Women's Day on March 8th we are giving an 8% discount to the first two women booking to any of our expeditions. This offer ends at midnight on the 8th of March 2014 (GMT).

Please feel free to share this offer with any women you feel might be interested in this offer.

More info about our current expeditions here: http://buff.ly/1n61svr

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...