UKC

Womens Ashes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 06 Jan 2014
Lets hope the women can restore some pride back into England cricket.

"Heather Knight scored an unbeaten 123 in England's warm-up match in Perth ahead of the Women's Ashes series, which starts on Friday.
Knight struck 20 fours in 174 balls before retiring as England closed on 362-7 on the first day of their two-day game against Australia A.
Charlotte Edwards' side won the toss and elected to bat at Floreat Oval.
Edwards scored 77 in a first-wicket partnership of 135 with Knight while Lydia Greenway also made 76.
England start the defence of their Ashes crown at the Waca in Perth on Friday in the only Test match of the multi-format series.
The four-day Test is then followed by three one-day internationals and three Twenty20 games.
Six points are awarded for a Test win and two points for each ODI and T20 victory. England won the home series last year 12-4."
In reply to Al Evans:

OK, Al. This looked like a VERY different thread from the outside, especially for us non-cricketers.
OP Al Evans 07 Jan 2014
In reply to maisie:

Bump, no cricket fans here like the girlies playing? My daughters and my ex wife used to play, the levels of skill are international class these days, I suspect England women could beat some of the mens world international sides, especially at ODI.
 Morgan Woods 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:
> I suspect England women could beat some of the mens world international sides, especially at ODI.

I suspect they couldn't. It might even be worse than what your blokes team just went through.
Post edited at 09:47
OP Al Evans 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Morgan Woods:
Pace bowler Katherine Brunt says England's women will seek to restore some national pride after the men's humiliating Ashes whitewash.
England begin their defence of the Women's Ashes on Friday in the only Test at the Waca in Perth - where the men were thrashed by 150 runs.
Brunt told BBC Sport. "We've got to do it for them, as much for ourselves. It has definitely given us an extra spur."
The series also features three one-day internationals and three Twenty20s.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25627152
Post edited at 07:57
 michaelb1 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans: I like the format of the womens ashes; imaginative, and means every game counts rather than having meaningless 1 dayers tacked on like the blokes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...