Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Picking a religion

Duncan Bourne - on 06 Jan 2014
We have had all the does or doesn't God exist threads and it always seems curious that it often just boils down to a stand off between atheists and Christians, rather than any other religious denomination.
So, for the religious out there I am curious as to why you follow the one you do and not any other religion? Is it cultural? Is it the only option you looked at or did you read up on a whole load of them? Was it a divine bolt of lightening from the blue.
For instance I am culturally Christian but turned to Paganism in my teens before rejecting the whole lot altogether. I picked my belief on what seemed reasonable to me at the time but went at it open minded and looked at all religions and belief systems such as Islam, Hinduism, neo paganism, shamanism, Zoroasterism, Occultism, Buddhism etc. if I had to pin myself down then I would say that my philosophical belief is closer to Zen Buddhism but really it is just stuff I have worked it for myself
... not showing 297 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums