Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - I am looking for a new light winter harness. Anyone used these?

crayefish - on 06 Jan 2014
Well soon I'll be buying a new winter harness as I bought my BD couloir harness a little on the large side stupidly and after loosing weight it is now way too big. Annoying as it has had hardly any use.

I want something unpadded and very light that I can put on over crampons etc. Decent gear loops is preferable (number less important as I can add extra) and a few ice clipper slots would be nice but not essential. Also something cheap is preferable!

Currently I am looking at either getting another BD Couloir (in the correct size!), a DMM Super Couloir or the BD Alpine Bod.

I am now less keen on the BD Couloir though as the gear loops were shit and the buckle a nightmare to use. Though maybe I am put off after it slopping about?

Unfortunately there is no shop in London that stocks all three so I can't try them side by side. So... anyone had the luxury of trying more than one of these? Or just any thoughts?

Or I could always just use my modified BD Momentum, put up with the extra weight/pack size and remember to always put it on before crampons.
... not showing 24 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums