UKC

Marvel Chess Collection

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Taking the Mick? 07 Jan 2014
Yes, I'm an adult male working in a professional industry and happily settled down. By all accounts, I should have matured somewhat, yet I still found myself get massively excited when the Marvel Chess Collection was advertised! One subscription later, and I'm on my way to collecting them all; like Pokemon.

Am I alone here, which I suspect I am, or are there other like minded geeks among you.
 JamButty 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Taking the Mick?:

you're alone.......

ripper 07 Jan 2014

You do realis that by the time you've got the full set you'll have paid out somewhere in the very rough region of £300?
 JamButty 07 Jan 2014
In reply to ripper:

so you're not alone. ripper is checking it out.....

In reply to ripper:

I did do the maths beforehand just to make sure it was justifiable. The missus still isn't convinced.
 ripper 07 Jan 2014
In reply to JamButty:

Definitely not checking this one out! I just remember getting stung by starting to collect Lord of the Rings figures for my lad a few years back. they're now in a carrier bag in the loft.
 Euge 07 Jan 2014
I got the marvel graphic novel collection... now on issue 52 of 60 after 2 years and £520... phew

Looks good on the shelf though

Didn't go for this as it will be nearly two years before you can play a game lol...

E
Post edited at 13:16
 RockAngel 07 Jan 2014
Just found a complete marvel figurine chess set on eBay for a tenner
In reply to Euge:

I worked it out at 15 months but hope they'll offer a 'buy it all now' option so far in. I would love the Graphic novel collection too but really cannot justify £600 for it.

I have a normal chess set to play with for the next 15 months. Ha.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...