UKC

Dan Arkle naked on Crib Goch!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sir, I salute you!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/452493/Climber-who-scaled-Snowdon-peak-nak...

Ed: Dan's given us the inside scoop on his nude selfie. See here for more: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=68634
 The Lemming 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Nicholas Livesey:

Surely this has to be a contender for a Real Man?

Visual OBS only.
 The New NickB 07 Jan 2014

Good effort that man! Comments section quiet, but given the readership of the Express I'm expecting some corkers.
llechwedd 07 Jan 2014

I do hope Dorothy Grace Elder takes the Express.

I can hardly wait.
 Cardi 07 Jan 2014

Poor effort, he should have at least aspired to make the Mail for full sensationalist impact!
Removed User 07 Jan 2014
In reply to llechwedd:

Like!
 dek 07 Jan 2014

Shooting Raw exposures obviously?
 TMM 08 Jan 2014

Good stuff from the Express. 'mount Snowdon', 'notorious peak' and prior to some editing it appears from the comments section they were claiming Snowdon to be the second highest mountain in the UK.

I am sure the Mail will pick up on this story and treat us to some high quality investigative reporting.
 Enty 08 Jan 2014

Brilliant!!

E
 franksnb 08 Jan 2014

ha ha brilliant
 CurlyStevo 08 Jan 2014

I'm guessing that's the same Dan Arkle that posts on here.
 chris fox 08 Jan 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

> I'm guessing that's the same Dan Arkle that posts on here.

No, it's his deranged cousin from the lavatories at Pen y Pass !!!!!

You should've worn a willy warmer !!!!
 CurlyStevo 08 Jan 2014
In reply to chris fox:

well there is more than one poster with my name on this site never mind in the climbing community.
 malky_c 08 Jan 2014

My favourite comment from the article is:

"my roomate's step-sister makes $79/hr on the computer. She has been out of a job for 9 months but last month her income was $15294 just working on the computer for a few hours. original site....www.Job9.us"
 beardy mike 08 Jan 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Yes it's the same Dan Arkle. Dan, I'm glad to see you adhered to the age old "crest" rule. Nothing less would suffice. Having myself had a frost nipped cock, irresponsible doesn't even begin to describe your actions. Think of the crest fallen women...
 deepsoup 08 Jan 2014
Ha ha. That's awesome. What a loony. (What a media whore.) :O)

Not like mountain rescue to be so judgemental. I wonder if the press officer's been selectively quoted, or mis-quoted, or that special thing the tabloids do where they just ignore everything that was said and make up their own quote.
 franksnb 08 Jan 2014

from british naturism..

"If you have never done this you will not know just how alive it makes you feel. On a day without wind (as stated) it is also remarkable how long we can be without clothes in the snow and still feel comfortable, especially straight after the exertion of climbing. Again, until you have tried it you will never know.

Maybe take someone with you next time, just for safety...

Well done Dan."

honour membership in the mail for dan I would have thought
 The Potato 08 Jan 2014

personally I say well done! ive done crib goch in fell running trainers but never would have contemplated it barefoot!

I think its sad that the report calls him irresponsible. WTF its his choice and if he can do it then well done that man!
 cragtyke 08 Jan 2014

Is that the crack of dawn.
 kevin stephens 08 Jan 2014

I see that the Andy Simpson quoted is Press Officer for Mountain Rescue England and Wales and Deputy Leader of Rossendale and Pendle Mountain Rescue Team. I would have expected a Press Office to be a little more circumspect in responding to questions from the Daily Express. Does Andy read these forums?
 Mark Collins 08 Jan 2014
In reply to deepsoup:
> (In reply to Nicholas Livesey)
> ... (What a media whore.) :O)

As there are several shots on here that use the same idea of which at least some have not appeared in the national press, I have to agree with you there.

> Not like mountain rescue to be so judgemental. I wonder if the press officer's been selectively quoted, or mis-quoted, or that special thing the tabloids do where they just ignore everything that was said and make up their own quote.

I think the Mountain Rescue maybe a little concerned about copy cats, but more likely they are using this opportunity to educate the masses about the dangers of heading into the hills in winter. You can’t blame them for towing the party line, considering what they have to deal with. That said, I’m sure they’re having a giggle about this behind closed doors, like everyone else. Back to the copy cat thing, I don't think anyone will, but do you remember the spate of stories about people disappearing in the Scottish hills during the 90s, only to magically re-appear days later.
 Tony the Blade 08 Jan 2014

Don't panic, he's made the Daily Mail (online)

Actually it appears quite a tongue in cheek article, and only a couple of comments... so far!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535683/Now-thats-call-exposure-Che...

I would suggest that Andy Simpson, whoever he is, needs to get a f***ing grip. I don't think we're going to see a spate of naked ascents of CG in winter.

Unless of course the paper has simply made up his quotes, which is quite likely, of course.

Sheer drop of hundreds of feet on one side my left buttock.

jcm
 kwoods 08 Jan 2014

Andy Simpson needs chill pill.

Great pics.
 Denzil 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Mark Collins:
Having been an MR member for 25 years, my comment as a walker, climber, mountaineer and photographer, but not necessarily representing the views of my team, is nice one Dan
I guess he could have taken an ice axe with him though....
 Mike Highbury 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Denzil: He looks pretty well-covered to me.

The Potato 08 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

dunno, im tempted, i could borrow my mates lime green mankini if its forecast rain though.
Clauso 08 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> Sheer drop of hundreds of feet on one side my left buttock.

Really!?! ... Anybody up for having a crack at the FA of the north face of JCM's Left Buttock?

nastyned 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Clauso:

> Really!?! ... Anybody up for having a crack at the FA of the north face of JCM's Left Buttock?

If the climb get difficult you can just jump down.
 Brass Nipples 08 Jan 2014

Part of the Goch Wan how to look good naked series...
Jim C 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Denzil:

> Having been an MR member for 25 years, my comment as a walker, climber, mountaineer and photographer, but not necessarily representing the views of my team, is nice one Dan
> I guess he could have taken an ice axe with him though....

He HAS an ice axe with him ( always) it was just hidden
(not yet deployed

(He needs a North Face logo tattoo on his buttock though, to finish the look . )
In reply to richprideaux:

Holy crap, that's scary!
 FesteringSore 08 Jan 2014

No wonder Bob's Knob collapsed
 Mountain Llama 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Nicholas Livesey: the fuhrer would approve even though kinder downfall is not in!

earlsdonwhu 08 Jan 2014

Just a willy waving stunt.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...