This premier independent retailer of outdoor equipment seeks an experienced retail manager.
Location: Milton Keynes
Package: Competitive salary, plus bonus scheme
This opportunity will appeal to an ambitious, outgoing person with a positive approach and good attention to detail who can work with the minimum of supervision.
Based at our shop and warehouse in Stacey Bushes, Milton Keynes and reporting to the Managing Director you will be required to:-
* Oversee the day to day running of the shop including end of day procedures.
* Manage and motivate a small team of staff to help achieve targets.
* Ensure a high standard of service and knowledge is delivered to our customers.
* Develop new business contacts to help drive the success of the shop.
* Plan staffing rotas on a monthly basis.
* Deputise for our Mail Order manager in his absence.
Previous experience in a management role is essential. Working five days a week on a rota basis, including some bank holidays, and attending specialist courses for training and establishing business contacts within the trade as required.
Personally you will have excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and outgoing personality and good computer skills.
Previous experience of EPoS systems would be an advantage.
It is desirable that you have an active interest in outdoor activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing retail business and if you feel you have the energy and experience to take on this position we would love to hear from you.