Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Beginner Alpine Touring - Buy or hire?

NeilOMalley - on 10 Jan 2014
Hi all.

A friend and myself are very keen to broach the world of alpine touring, we both ski already and are looking to increase the range of possibilities. As ski touring is completely new to both of us understanding the options is a bit confusing. Buying the touring setup outright seems to cost between 500-750 for a half decent first or second hand setup, does this sound correct? Also we are just on our way to the three valleys ski resort next week and are curious if we'll be able to hire the full setup including the skins from a hire shop to try it out? Also does anyone know of a good resource i.e. books or maps illustrating the tracks and passes recomended for ski tourers in the three valleys area. Finally is there anything else we should be aware of as total beginners? We eventually hope to combine the touring with the mountaineering to access more of the back country.
Thanks
... not showing 29 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums