UKC

chimenea fire at langdale?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 10 Jan 2014
Anyone know if I can take my chimenea to the national trust site and have a (non open) fire?
 Skol 10 Jan 2014
In reply to abr1966:

Try it
I had a fire log going at the Red Squirrel once, 1 metre inside the exclusion zone. It was put out by the parky with a bucket of water. I was most perturbed and the po-lice were called
 Firestarter 10 Jan 2014
In reply to abr1966:

If they allow barbecues then I would think a chimenea would also be fine - it's not like you would be leaving scorch marks on the ground, and it can be used as a means of cooking food so no difference I guess?
OP abr1966 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Skol:

At the red squirrel!!!!! Times have changed....we made a bomb there once....about 1981 I reckon and nobody seemed to mind!
 stewieatb 11 Jan 2014
In reply to abr1966:

I've seen chimeneas used at the other Langdale site. Not sure about NT but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe ask them by phone, maybe it will depend on the rangers on duty.
 John Kelly 11 Jan 2014
In reply to stewieatb: provided it's used safely without causing a nuisance to others and doesn't burn the grass it should be no problem if you need more ring the site 015394 37668 John Kelly langdale campsite
OP abr1966 11 Jan 2014
In reply to John Kelly:

Thanks
August West 11 Jan 2014
In reply to Skol:

> It was put out by the parky with a bucket of water. I was most perturbed and the po-lice were called

I was on a camp site down south once and the owner actually called the fire brigade to put out a fire my friends were being a bit over enthusiastic about. A bucket of water would have done the job equally well. The fire brigade sprayed water everywhere and soaked a tent and all the clothes my friend had been drying next to the fire.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...