UKC

Ableton live 8

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 coinneach 12 Jan 2014
Any one out there use it?

I have a dummy question
 ankyo 12 Jan 2014
In reply to coinneach:

What do you want to know?
OP coinneach 12 Jan 2014
In reply to ankyo:

Using a focusrite 2 x channel interface and I need to know how to mix my tracks to avoid vocals / instruments being on the l or r channels on playback.

ie is it possible to " equalise " the track during the mixing process?
 ankyo 12 Jan 2014
In reply to coinneach:

You can use the pan control to direct a track to right or left. If you want it on neither r or l you will need to mute the track.

Do you mean equalise? As in adjust the relative volumes if different frequencies in the mix? A sort of tone control? If so, yes, use the eq built in effect to a vst plug in.

If none of this makes sense it could be because A, I'm not understanding your question properly or B I'm crap at explaining myself.

Let me know if you want more help with it.
OP coinneach 13 Jan 2014
In reply to ankyo:

Probably my crappy question actually ( I told you I was dumb !)

What I want to do is listen to the choon with all of the individual instruments NOTComing out of the speakers / headphones via the l or r channel they were recorded on but in the " middle "

Thanks for the reply . . . . Going to try to find the pan control now !

badwabbit 13 Jan 2014
In reply to coinneach:

It sounds like you want to listen to a stereo piece of audio in mono - so drop a "Utility" plugin (it's one of Live's built in plugins) on the channel playing (or the master channel if you want everything in mono) and turn the "Width" down to 0%.
OP coinneach 13 Jan 2014
In reply to badwabbit:

Thanks wabbit ( none the wiser! )
 Mr Lopez 13 Jan 2014
In reply to coinneach:
Duplicate each individual track and pan it the other way or patch it to the opposite master master channel, i.e. if a guitar is on the R channel do a duplicate that plays on the L channel. These paired mono channels now work together to become a stereo one.
Post edited at 19:49
 Mr Lopez 13 Jan 2014
In reply to coinneach:

...and just realised that to switch l-r channels you need to use the 'utility' plug-in, so you may as well just use the 'width' setting like badwabbit said.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...