UKC

anyone used DigitalRev?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Prices look great but then I read the small print about it being Hong Kong based and customers being liable for any customs duties. I've never bought stuff from outside the EU before - anyone used them? Will I get stung?
 Bobbsy 13 Jan 2014
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Try HDEW cameras. I have used them for a body and a lense, very good prices and based in UK. They are sourcing from Asia also.
 Robert Durran 13 Jan 2014

I've used them;excellent price and service. There was a thread on DigitalRev a couple of weeks ago if you search for it.

Thanks guys
 mark s 13 Jan 2014

i got a 60d off them this week,no problems at all
 chris fox 13 Jan 2014

I bought my 1st DSLR off digirev, also bought a 600EX flash off them (didn't pay import tax on it) superb service. I also bought both my 7D and 6D off HDEW and they too are excellent.
 Solaris 13 Jan 2014

Not sure how to put this, but I just wonder about the knock-on effects of these websites...

NHS? Education system? Where would all that duty, VAT etc. go?

Duck-houses, anyone?
CharlotteM 14 Jan 2014
Be aware they are grey imports and you may not be able to get them serviced in the UK.

In addition it is against the law for them to declare it as a 'gift' and they cannot pay VAT on your behalf. You may still have to pay VAT when it enters the country.
Post edited at 09:47

I'm not a fan of tax dodges, nor anything complicated and bureaucratic looking like having to pay x-amount to HMRC after the event. So no offence to DR, but I went elsewhere instead.
 forcan 14 Jan 2014
In reply to CharlotteM:

> Be aware they are grey imports and you may not be able to get them serviced in the UK.

You can get them serviced/repaired no bother, it's just that Nikon UK/Canon UK/Sigma UK etc will not honour any warranty claims, so even if your stuff is days old and faulty, you have to pay for the repair. Last lens I bought from Digital Rev was back in 2006, so I can't comment on their recent performance, but I found them OK (My lens was delivered with a receipt saying "Replacement under Warranty" cough cough...)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...