UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: 5.10 Anasazi Pink

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 14 Jan 2014
Anasazi Pink, 3 kbYou probably know someone who has stockpiled the Lace-up in anticipation of a chance on “To Bolt or Not to Be.” To help out, we made the classic shoe even better. STEALTH C4 toe rand, new heel construction, and a lined Cowdura™ synthetic upper that fits like a glove, all provide the familiar, secure and reliable fit, climb after climb.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5680
 Andy Farnell 14 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear: Rumour has it that they are softer in the toe than the old ones and stretch a fair bit.

Andy F

In reply to andy farnell:

Does the heel work yet?

jcm
CharlieBrown 14 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> Does the heel work yet?

Now you are just being silly !

I heard on the grapevine that the new pinks will be replacing both the Verdes and the Blancos, both very different shoes so something's gonna give if the rumour is true.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 14 Jan 2014
In reply to CharlieBrown:

> I heard on the grapevine that the new pinks will be replacing both the Verdes and the Blancos,

Cold hard fact.
 Coel Hellier 14 Jan 2014
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:

So when a 5.10 shoe gets widely liked they discontinue it?
 Robert Durran 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Coel Hellier:

Seems so.
I loved my pinks.
Now I love my greens (aren't they just pinks with a different colour and improved heel?).
I also love my whites for steep sport.
I hope the new pinks are just the greens but pink (ie just the old pinks with an improved heel).
 spidermonkey09 14 Jan 2014
That does seem to be the gist of it doesn't it...
I love the whites. Why don't they offload some of the many velcro bouldering shoes that no one buys and keep these 3?
Post edited at 14:09
 Coel Hellier 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Robert Durran:

I sorta understood that the Pink was halfway between the Green and the White. That's how they felt to me anyhow. I''ll happily use Pinks again, though might miss the Whites on slate.
 Wft 14 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

The discontinuation of the whites is a travesty, a wholly understandable travesty
 Andy Farnell 14 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> Does the heel work yet?

> jcm

It looks very much like the heel in the Scarpa Instinct lace, so that'll be an improvement on the old pinks. Not worn the greens or whites, so I don't know if it's an improvement on them.

Andy F
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 14 Jan 2014

Original Newtons, V10s and obviously the old pinks. Their standard approach to their most popular products always seems to have been to make a worse version and bin the original (Jet 7s and Verdes replacing the V10s and pinks respectively), followed a couple of years later by a climb down masquerading as a new development where they bring back nearly the original product (Teams, Blancos and Newtons in a different colour).

Robert if the new pinks were just the greens again in a different colour they'd have to make the whites again in another new colour as well so that wads in warmer climes weren't falling off all their projects again.
 alooker 14 Jan 2014
In reply to CharlieBrown:

dayum! I was hoping the whites would stick around
 mhawk 14 Jan 2014
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:

What essentially is the difference between the whites and greens? I have never tried the whites but loved the old pinks. Having tried the greens I thought they compromised the performance of the shoe for comfort.

I have just had an e-chat with a 5:10 rep and he suggested the boots would be more towards the green with a few improvements of heel fit and rand.

Worth just getting some whites when my stockpile of old pinks runs out?
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 14 Jan 2014
In reply to mhawk:

Whites are a little stiffer, a little narrower and with a second layer of rubber around the Achilles inside the slingshot heel meaning it pushes your toes much more aggressively into the toe of the shoe than in the greens, which is what really gives you the anasazi toe power. They also have the original C4 rubber rather than the ONYX of the greens meaning they edge a whole lot better on really tiny edges as it's a harder compound, putting C4 on the new pink is a good sign but i think it's the build of the shoe that makes the bigger difference when the rubbers are that close anyway.
 MNA123 14 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

When are these out?
 Coel Hellier 14 Jan 2014
In reply to mhawk:

> I have just had an e-chat with a 5:10 rep and he suggested the boots would be more towards the green ...

Well in that case there will be howls of anguish at the loss of the Whites. Then they'll have to bring the Whites back (afterall they brought out the Whites owing to howls of anguish at the loss of the Pink for the Greens).

> What essentially is the difference between the whites and greens?

In terms of standing on tiny edges:

Not so good: Green <---> Old Pink <---> White :utterly gobsmacking.
 mhawk 14 Jan 2014

that's it then, getting some whites. The greens are fine and very comfy but not a touch on the old pink, it was even worth tolerating the otherwise rubbish heel for the front end of the shoe.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 14 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

The Scarpa Instict Lace up is the best shoes I've found since the demise of the infamous Pinks (I still have some pinks for that special occasion but I'm always to afraid to wear them out!)
 Andy Farnell 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Steve Crowe:

For just off vertical to gently (20°) overhanging sports routes I found the Scarps Spectro's to be the best shoe I've used. Better toe than the pinks, fantastic heel.
Another shoe discontinued. Why do manufacturers do this???

Andy F
 Skyfall 14 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

I've felt incomplete without a pair of pinks for the best part of a decade. Thank god, I can start to improve my climbing again ....
 Alex1 15 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Would seem to make sense to make these more to the white end of the spectrum than the greens. The greens are a nice shoe but I didn't think they really offered that much over the vcs other than the ability to adjust the fit a bit better with the laces. Doesn't the usual rule that as long as the shoe is fairly decent for most mortals it's unlikely to be the weak link in the chain apply....
In reply to Alex1:

Anybody got any first hand experience of these yet? available in any shops?

Green or White or in-between?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...