UKC

Falling on an Alien cam..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jezb1 14 Jan 2014
So if you were to buy an unused alien cam, would you be happy falling on it?

I've seen a set for sale, but can't help thinking I'd worry when relying on one...
 Aigen 14 Jan 2014
In reply to jezb1:
I have a set and they are fine. Check the website about which ones they made a balls of. They have a little punch make on them.
I still think they are the second best micro can ever made.
Post edited at 21:19
 CMcBain 14 Jan 2014
In reply to jezb1:

I've fallen on a blue and green totem cam (basically the same as aliens I believe). I had more gear below them both times but they did hold. I was quite surprised that the green held, as the placement was pretty terrible (one of the lobes was really undercammed) although it was quite a small fall. The fall on the blue was a bit longer, think I was maybe a couple of meters above it but it held perfectly well.

When I first bought them I was pretty skeptical about how much I would trust them but after the above two falls I feel more confident that they will actually work. Although saying that, not sure how happy i'd feel if it was just a blue/green between me and the deck.
OP jezb1 14 Jan 2014
In reply to CMcBain:

I have couple of totem cams which I really like, it's the build quality of the Aliens that would worry me I think.
 John_Hat 14 Jan 2014
In reply to jezb1:

I've fallen on a size 2 (green) Wild Country Zero. It held. I was really quite surprised.
 PaulTanton 14 Jan 2014
Have to ask why are they for sale?
I love em. Taken a few falls on the yellow and green ones. I've also got the blue one and would worry about that on its own.
I thing the very small cams are intended for direct aid rather than free climbing falls.
 Alun 15 Jan 2014
In reply to jezb1:

I have taken a massive whipper (about 15m) onto a yellow Alien which was not in a spectacular placement. It held perfectly
OP jezb1 15 Jan 2014
In reply to jezb1:

Cheers for the answers guys

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...