Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Job application question help - local authority

teflonpete - on 15 Jan 2014
My GF is applying for a job within the planning department of our district council. The first question on the application is:

"Describe the key challenges facing local government and the implications of those challenges" (200 words)

We live in Bucks and Aylesbury has a number of areas around the town outlined for new estates so I imagine expanding infrastructure, transport networks and services to a wider population in the face of cuts in central government spending on councils is a fairly major challenge.

However, GF and I are both currently private sector workers and haven't really got our ear to ground with respect to what's going on in local authorities. Any ideas or info on specific challenges faced by local councils (bearing in mind the 200 word answer limit) would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just an idea for us to google and read up on.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

... not showing 16 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums