UKC

Which is worst?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gelstat5 15 Jan 2014

The animals who battered Kelly Thomas to death or the system that lets them?

http://filmingcops.com/kelly/

He was calling out for his 'Daddy' whilst they battered his face in and tasersed him.
Post edited at 17:11
Tim Chappell 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:

"worse".

Gelstat5 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Tim Chappell:

Oops and thank you Tim Chappell.
Tim Chappell 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:

What country was this in?
Gelstat5 15 Jan 2014

The USA,California i believe.
 crayefish 15 Jan 2014

The US... where else would have such a subtle approach to law enforcement? lol
Tim Chappell 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:

The answer to your question, anyway, has to be the blokes who did this. Because the system clearly has an upside; it's less clear that they do.
Gelstat5 15 Jan 2014

I'm sure they will probably have been police officers for a good while,which tells me they are probably good at other aspects of their job(upside)unless of course you are a poor homeless person that is.
Gelstat5 15 Jan 2014

Two replies to a thread that shows four or five police officers murdering an innocent and harmless homeless man.Not only that but these police officers get let off completely,UKC climbing and non-climbing community,you disappoint me.
 wilkie14c 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:
> (In reply to Tim Chappell)
> UKC climbing and non-climbing community,you disappoint me.

So that people who use UKC and the people that don't. Everyone in the world must be shitting themselves because they don't meet up to your expectations.
Tim Chappell 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:

Hmm. I'm not sure what you were expecting. Contributors to UKC are under no obligation to make sure that their posting profiles track what's objectively most important.
Gelstat5 15 Jan 2014
I was astonished when i seen this extremely disturbing footage and the story behind it made me angry and disgusted to my core.This barefoot homeless man did nothing,but needed protecting from the very people who are supposed to protect him.
I am sure anyone who seen this link would feel the same levels of disgust and anger as myself,i just thought there would perhaps,be more of an expression of this.
 98%monkey 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:
Without being callous, don't we have enough American culture in the UK without you adding it to UK Climbing.

Can I suggest you try a US Climbing Site.

We're the UK and are far more elegant than the US (I deliberately didn't say civilized).

I don't really see the relevance of your question.

Questions about UK Police more than welcome.
Post edited at 21:03
In reply to Gelstat5:

I cannot seem to find any more information on this incident? Links to other reports?
Tim Chappell 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:

I didn't click on the link. Why would I? There's plenty of random unpleasantness out there. Unless I can actually do something about it, I'd rather not know. It's just a pointless downer.
Gelstat5 15 Jan 2014
In reply to 98%monkey:
I agree with your views on American culture in the UK and Europe which are, for most people rather positive,since that is how they insist everyone sees them.This on the other hand shows an extremely disturbing picture of this same culture with respects to it's most vulnerable.
The question,the footage and the thread are there to spark a debate and an expression of feelings toward the animals who did this and the system that allowed them to go free.As the victims father Ron Thomas,who is himself an ex-cop put it-

"This is carte blanche to police officers to do whatever they want"

jonny taylor 16 Jan 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

Can anyone explain what the defence was? It seems bizarre that there are plenty of articles out there telling very similar stories of what happened, and it seems very odd that they would get of scot free for that. Did they get off on a technicality, "insufficient evidence", or a reason for why what was described was "justified"?
 krikoman 16 Jan 2014
In reply to jonny taylor:

They are saying that he didn't get the correct / enough medical attention when he finally got to hospital, so it was the hospitals fault he died, not what they had just done to him!!!

disgusting, they (the police), the one's that were involved should all be in jail. A more of them arrived they just joined in the beating rather than stopping it.
Gelstat5 16 Jan 2014
In reply to krikoman:
> They are saying that he didn't get the correct / enough medical attention when he finally got to hospital, so it was the hospitals fault he died, not what they had just done to him!!!

Yes can you imagine if you and five mates battered a defenseless judge/barrister/off-duty policeman to such an extent that it would kill him and they let you and your mates off? Saying it was the hospital to blame.

This tells you a lot about American society and it's values or lack of.
Gelstat5 17 Jan 2014
In reply to krikoman:
> disgusting, they (the police), the one's that were involved should all be in jail. A more of them arrived they just joined in the beating rather than stopping it.

Yes and one of the police psycopaths who participated in this barbaric gang-murder of this gentle,mentally ill man was quoted as bragging ”I got the end of my Taser and I probably, just probably smashed his face to hell.”

A digital recorder also caught him saying,I f*****g beat him probably 20 times in the face with this Taser.”

Apparently they were laughing whilst they kneed and caved in the face of this innocent and vulnerable man.
Post edited at 19:26
 Timmd 17 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:

I had to stop watching/listening. The inhumanity of those police is awful.
 Enty 17 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:

Here's what American climbers think about it:
http://www.supertopo.com/climbers-forum/1614567/OT-Ugly-Homeless-Man-Tooled...

E
 Timmd 17 Jan 2014
In reply to Enty:
It's put me in a rotten mood for the rest of the evening, I reckon. So unfair.
Post edited at 21:59
 Trevers 17 Jan 2014
In reply to Gelstat5:
Truly appalling. It's sad that the most the father can bring a lawsuit for is 'assault and battery'. It's premeditated murder beyond a shadow of doubt, and they'd be found guilt of that if they weren't cops. At least the thugs in our police force are generally kept on a leash.
Post edited at 22:14
 argyle_dude 18 Jan 2014
In reply to krikoman:

> disgusting, they (the police), the one's that were involved should all be in jail.

Let me correct that for you; "disgusting, they (the police OFFICERS)"

Absolutely shocking case and the officers should be jailed but the majority of police officers are decent people who signed up to put themselves in danger to help others and don't deserve to be tarnished with the same brush.
Policing, but its nature and the powers that come with it is always going to attract some types that you wouldn't want policing, all you can do is hope they get weeded out before something like this happens and if it does happen, that unlike in this case, they get punished to the full extent of the law.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...