UKC

Fantasy 6 Nations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
contrariousjim 16 Jan 2014
I've suddenly realised it's getting close to that time of year again!I hope "the sheep" won't mind, but though there's a little bit of time to go, it's crept up on me too fast the last couple of years so I'm getting in earlier this year. Here's hoping for some English (and Broughty Ferrets)success, prefably sans swan dives. I'd like to see Cipriani back in the squad though. Good luck.. ..and lets see some predictions.

Link:
http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx

League name:
UKC Fantasy 6 Nations

League pin:
In reply to contrariousjim:

I'm not sure who will win, but I'd predict with some confidence that Cipriani won't be back in the squad.

jcm
 crayefish 16 Jan 2014

Come on Wales! Let's make it a record hat trick
 the sheep 16 Jan 2014

Good call, had totally forgotten about this!
 coinneach 16 Jan 2014

I read something this morning about how, historically, the French normally win the 6 nations the year after Lions tours as their players don't have the fatigue factor of the home nations players.

Scotland should do well.

peppermill 16 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Whenever his name is mentioned all I can think of is this from a few years back:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/dannycipriani/3163847/Josh-Lews...

That and Kelly Brook of course...
contrariousjim 19 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously and thread:

> I'm not sure who will win, but I'd predict with some confidence that Cipriani won't be back in the squad.

Thought what I'd seen of him he looks in form, but I see Lancaster has said aim for the summer. Fair enough!

8 teams have signed up so far! These are the first weekends fixtures to keep in mind for your initial teams.

Sat 1 Feb 14.30 - Wales v Italy - Millennium Stadium
Sat 1 Feb 17.00 - France v England - Stade de France
Sun 2 Feb 15.00 - Ireland v Scotland - Lansdowne Road
contrariousjim 24 Jan 2014

1 week to go before kick off. Anyone else fancy submitting a team for the fantasy 6 nations?! It's dead easy.. ..see the links above, and if you're not sure who to pick, start with a lucky dip team, and then edit it according to your favourite teams and players.
 Horse 24 Jan 2014

I'm in.
contrariousjim 24 Jan 2014
In reply to Horse:

Can't see your team? Pin 49717
 Horse 25 Jan 2014

Simple "Ashton" style error on my part. Entered code but forgot to press the join button.
contrariousjim 26 Jan 2014
In reply to Horse:

Sorted... ..your in.

We're now on 13 teams. That bugs me.. ..there must some more enthusiasts about!
 Shani 27 Jan 2014

Bump. Final week to register!
 Cú Chullain 27 Jan 2014
I shall put a team together, a team to smash you all like the fist of an angry god.

the sheep 27 Jan 2014
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> I shall put a team together, a team to smash you all like the fist of an angry god.

No Scots or Italians then?
 crayefish 27 Jan 2014
In reply to the sheep:

Or Irish, French and English That just leaves...
 the sheep 27 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Dunno, Paul O'Conel seems to be a one man pack on current form.
 Horse 30 Jan 2014
In reply to the sheep:
Teams for Paris are on the changing room wall:
France:

Brice Dulin ; Yoann Huget , Mathieu Bastareaud, Wesley Fofana, Maxime Medard; Jules Plisson, Jean-Marc Doussain ; Thomas Domingo, Benjamin Kayser, Nicolas Mas, Alexandre Flanquart, Pascal Pape, Yannick Nyanga, Bernard Le Roux , Louis Picamoles.
Replacements: Dimitri Szarzewski, Yannick Forestier, Rabah Slimani, Yoann Maestri, Antoie Burban, Damien Chouly, Maxime Machenaud, Gael Fickou

Spot the weak link, and a fly half at fly half suggests the French no longer "resemble a surrealist comedy act at the Edinburgh Fringe"

England
Mike Brown; Jack Nowell, Luther Burrell, Billy Twelvetrees, Jonny May; Owen Farrell, Danny Care; Joe Marler, Dylan Hartley, Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Tom Wood, Chris Robshaw, Billy Vunipola.
Replacements: Tom Youngs, Mako Vunipola, Henry Thomas, Dave Attwood, Ben Morgan, Lee Dickson, Brad Barritt, Alex Goode.

Spot the weak link, basically anything between nos 9 and 14. I suspect Rimmer is about to get a rude awakening. Home win by 9.

No doubt the Irrelevant Fringe teams are somewhere out there but I haven't got time to find them as I am building a bunker behind the sofa.
Post edited at 12:53
 TomBaker 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Horse:

Its not fair!!!! I can't watch the match i'm stuck visiting family....
 BnB 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Horse:

Crikey, when I compare those centres and wings I feel decidedly nervous. However the clash of the packs will be pretty epic. French front row is pretty gnarly but England ought to shade it in the loose.
 Shani 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Horse:

Sloper was on the blower the other day. He's waging five quid on an English wooden spoon! Summer has clearly arrived for those who saw the Irish rugby swallow appear in their game against the ABs.
 Horse 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Shani:

He's a tight b*****d, £5 quid and not odds hardly worth a punt.

England have to take absolute control up front or the French backs are likely to run riot. Looking on the bright side, neither of the wings should be as defensively awful as the bloke from Wigan.
 youngtom 31 Jan 2014

Amost forgot about this, managed to get a team together eventually. I've just realised I'm not going to be able to watch the first weekend
contrariousjim 31 Jan 2014

18 in the league so far! Seems that they are showing who is in the starting 15 for each of your players this year, which should help prevent people picking non-playing players.
 TomBaker 31 Jan 2014
They don't appear to be showing for the irish yet!

That or i've not got any starters...
Post edited at 08:38
Reginald Trubshaw 31 Jan 2014

In for the hat trick.

No Sloper this year for comedy value?
 Jason Kirk 31 Jan 2014

I've entered my contenders!
 Shani 01 Feb 2014
In reply to Reginald Trubshaw:

> In for the hat trick.

> No Sloper this year for comedy value?

A garbled text from him suggests he is off his medication, so his participation seems unlikely. Either that or he is scared of picking yet another shite fantasy 6N team....

I'll have a word....
 loundsy 01 Feb 2014

Done just in time

Tim
contrariousjim 01 Feb 2014
In reply to Shani:

Hope he's okay?! Shame not to have Sloper's proles!
contrariousjim 01 Feb 2014
In reply to loundsy:

You're in and that makes 21 teams. And I'm out for a run now before kick off!
 Shani 02 Feb 2014

A strong start by Horse - picking Huget was an inspired move! Jimbo sitting pretty in a close second - good to see points coming from across your team.
Post edited at 11:30
Reginald Trubshaw 02 Feb 2014
In reply to Shani:

> A strong start by Horse - picking Huget

Yes; and it's one of the problems of a short series - get it right with 1 player in the first week and it's very difficult for others to catch up (Huget and Campagnaro (who?) so far this year).
contrariousjim 02 Feb 2014
In reply to Shani:

Aye, but only two players in the tie today.. ..so I'll likely fall back a fair some!
 Horse 02 Feb 2014

Up to a point. I might have problem swapping out players. For example I think the England back line looks more potent than in recent games but I have none in there.
 Shani 02 Feb 2014
In reply to Horse:

Sam Butler and Jeremy Hart come good! Well done guys. Looks like the fantasy league is hotting up and wide open.
contrariousjim 02 Feb 2014

There's no guarentee those players won't be damp squibs the remaining games though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...