UKC

Drink flavouring

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 16 Jan 2014
Can anyone suggest a sugar free additive for flavouring water. Other than a good Scotch I've got some of those SIS tablets, which I find very affective, but that runs a little expensive for everyday use. If I rely on water alone I find that I don't drink enough. Some years ago it was possible to buy powdered drinks but they seem to have disappeared from the supermarket shelves.
 roperat 16 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

Try sportpursuit.co.uk for the SIS tabs. They get them in every 3 months or so and they are generally around half retail price or less.

Matt
 Mark Bull 16 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

Fresh lemon, lime or mandarin juice.
 crayefish 16 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

Ribena? Simple and cheap. And if it needs to be refilled on the hill, one of those little 100ml bottles should do a few refills.
 Fraser 16 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Ribena isn't sugar-free I'm afraid.
 crayefish 16 Jan 2014
In reply to Fraser:

I am sure they do a sugar free version; or is it one of those 'no added sugar' jobs?
 fatbuoybazza 16 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

Try fruit flavoured tea bags, work just as well using cold water instead of hot.

Or try urine :@) although there could be some sugars in there and the flavour not that tasty!!
 tlm 16 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

any squash that is sugar free? (you're already having sweeteners in the sis tablets)?
fruit juice?
marmite?
bovril?
tea?
coffee?
cocoa?
 crayefish 16 Jan 2014
In reply to fatbuoybazza:

If there's glucose in your urine I'd see a doctor
 fatbuoybazza 16 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Just checked, sugar free, might add a spoonful next time tho!...
 nathan79 16 Jan 2014
Try effervescent vitamin C tablets from the local supermarket of your choice.
Tube of 20 for ~£1-1.50. Generally orange (which I for like as it tends to stain bottles/bladders), raspberry and maybe lemon/lime flavours to be haf
 sleavesley 16 Jan 2014
In reply to nathan79:

Also gives your urine a lucozade original colouring!
 The Potato 16 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

as mentioned lemon juice, you can get it bottled, just add a few drops as needed, cheap healthy and tasty
OP GridNorth 16 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

Thanks for the replies. The lemon juice worked, I didn't think it would, but only up to a point. It probably needs quite a lot for a litre of water. I will also try the vitamin c tablets, I suspect they will have more flavour.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...