UKC

Nethermost Pike ridge....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 16 Jan 2014
....from Nethermost Beck and Calf Hole...is it a bit more interesting than The Tongue onto Dollywagon?
 Jimbo C 16 Jan 2014
In reply to An Triubhas:

I've done the Nethermost Pike ridge from the South side. It was a very long grassy slog followed by a short bit of ridge. The ridge is barely a scramble but bits of it can be made interesting if you seek out the difficulty.

Not done the Tongue, so can't give a comparison.
 BnB 16 Jan 2014
In reply to An Triubhas:

A little bit more interesting is the best answer I can give. The ridge itself, though brief, is rather an airy place with great views and a little bit of exposure.
OP AdCo82 16 Jan 2014
In reply to BnB:

What is it actually called?
 Wheelsy 16 Jan 2014
In reply to An Triubhas:

I've got a few photos of the ridge here -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheelsy1/sets/72157622949434840/with/416440145...

I think I've managed to make it look a bit more exciting than it actually is. I went back down via The Tongue - it is marginally more interesting than that.
 BnB 17 Jan 2014
In reply to An Triubhas:

Without consulting Wainwright I would guess it is simply the East Ridge.
In reply to BnB:

That's what I'd call it, aye. Not sure it has a 'local' name. I'd echo what you've said - mildly scrambly and airy but sadly not long. Still a quality route that takes you into a (for the Lakes) wild-feeling wee corner. Best in winter and in combination with Striding Edge I'd say.
In reply to BnB:

Yes, Wainwright has it as East Ridge.
 BnB 17 Jan 2014
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

Nice outing I remember. Good to have a little stroll along Grisedale going past the trade route and then a scramble up the buttress above the mine (Eagle Crag?) before a grassy stroll up the ridge proper. Down via one of Helvellyn's edges (or Grisedale Tarn).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...