UKC

Walking Underwear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Peakpdr 16 Jan 2014
Doing a very long distance walk in may but am unsure of the best underwear to buy to stop Chaffing. Any advise or tips would be great

cheers Guys
 Run_Ross_Run 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Lowe alpine Dryflo do me but i'm not sure if they're still available.

Get some of that Bodyglide antichafe, its the dogs .......
 Skol 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:
I wear speedo, ' budgie smuggler' trunks. They're fine

aultguish 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Nothing. Never have, never will and never suffered from chaffing(s?)
 wheelo 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Another vote for dryflo and they have relaunched..been waiting years for them.
 Roguevfr 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Dryflo too warm for me. The rab meco boxers are good, as are smartwool merino ones.
 mattc 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr: m&s do some good sports underwear v cheep similar to nike pro but about 1/4 of the price and as good IMO

The Lemming 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

I've gone commando for the last 30 years. Be brave and let it all hang free.

No chaffing for me either.
altirando 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Surely it makes sense to get the most effective layer for high activity next the skin? Criteria must be not cotton, and giving support. Try UnderArmour and X-Undergear, both available at Ultralightoutdoorgear and many other websites.
 LastBoyScout 16 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

If your underwear is walking around on it's own, it's probably time to either wash or replace it :-D

Calvin Klein do some nice microfibre undies - look for the X-micro ones (not the X-cotton ones).
llechwedd 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

There's a brand called 'Bionic'.
Their boxers were faultless on a couple of thousand miler.
I only took one pair!
 Scarab9 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Vaseline!

only thing that gets me through an ultra marathon

(keep the jokes SFW fellas!)
 Billhook 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Jeez!! Special underwear for walking? What next?
 Choss 17 Jan 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

> Jeez!! Special underwear for walking? What next?

They had a woman on radio this morning who makes womens knickers with a 3D Printer. 3 Seconds to make each pair.
Clauso 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Smartwool merino underwear does the trick for me. If I was buying again, then I'd probably give Rab MeCo a look, as I've been very impressed with the MeCo t-shirts.
 Doug Hughes 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

The thread title made me smile - sounds like my nether garments towards the end of a long trek.

I just wear the thinnest/lightest boxers I own, so they dry out quickly. Also another vote for the M&S sports briefs - I've worn them under Ron Hills for running and they seem to wick quite nicely.
 Marmoteer 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

For a walking and running underwear, I use Ronhill advanced contour shorts or the pursuit shorts (with Vaseline)!
 Iain Thow 17 Jan 2014
In reply to wheelo:

The new Dryflo has Cocona in it too, so even faster wicking & non smelly even after prolonged use. Still wasn't whiffy after 10 days backpacking! The biz.
In reply to pauldr:

I use these fellows:

http://www.sueme.com/sueme-sportswear/mens-trunks

Super-soft, no rubbing/chafing etc...
 thedatastream 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Rab MeCo boxers are good
I sometimes use a pair of Salomon shorts with integrated briefs that are really comfy for zero chafage
 nw 17 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Small gentitals.
 The Lemming 17 Jan 2014
In reply to nw:

> Small gentitals.

Mine are fine, but if you want to tell an open forum that your own genitals are insufficient then be my guest.
Jim C 17 Jan 2014
In reply to Paul Troon:

> i can recommend

> paul

You link says :-

". Very comfy round the waist, fabulously soft and make you feel sexy. "

Which bit do you recommend :-
the 'comfy' bit or the makes you 'feel sexy' ?

(I will be looking at people in a new light following this thread, wondering are they walking around on the hills feeling sexy . )
altirando 17 Jan 2014
In reply to Clauso: Two layers of wool between the thighs? No thank you. I think the Bionic are the x-bionic from ultralight. For a sale bargain - and if you want to impress your wife or girlfriend - look at Unico. Asdrumark have a sale, halfprice, most cotton/lycra but a few designs in microfibre. Interesting glimpse for female viewers into the male underworld though!

Billhook 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

"Sorry lads, can't come out this weekend my mountaineering/hillwalking underwear is in the wash"

humbug!
Removed User 17 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:
Decathlon Kalenji are the business for walking and running distances, they've come out top in previous forum discussions.
 nw 17 Jan 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

No mine are so massive I get ankle chafing unless I wear the correct undergarments. The only explanantion for a lack of chafing is small genitals and/or puny thighs.
BTW I was a Commando and we were all such strapping specimens that underarmour, vaseline amd talc were all required to prevent chafing, 'going commando' to mean no knicks is inaccurate.
Cambridge-Climber 19 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:
I've found my Rab Meco Boxers to last much longer than similar icebreaker product (in terms of durability and wearing out).

Best deal I've seen is here:
http://www.summittosea.co.uk/rab-meco-120-boxer-shorts.ir?cName=clothing-ba...

BigBrother 20 Jan 2014
In reply to nw:

'vaseline and talc' sounds like grinding paste

PPP 20 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

I have ordered some underwear from Decathlon: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ekiden-running-boxers-x2-id_8237714.html

15 quid for 4 makes a nice deal. I will see how they perform, but I do not have problems with cotton ones from Primark. They just sweat a little bit and they don't dry well in longer treks.
 CurlyStevo 21 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

id go for anything made soley of man made fibres. Cotton merino, bamboo etc all soak up sweat and this can then cause chaffing issues.
 RankAmateur 21 Jan 2014
In reply to pauldr:

Marks and Spencers Ultrafit Active are fantastic.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Ultra-Fit%C2%AE-Active-Plain-Trunks/dp/B003N...
Removed User 21 Jan 2014
In reply to RankAmateu
> Marks and Spencers Ultrafit Active are fantastic.

they don't stock them any more according to there website.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...