UKC

Northern Corries today...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iainpowell 18 Jan 2014
There seemed to be a lot of people coming out of the Northern Corries early today... Did anyone get anything done?
 Lamb 19 Jan 2014
In reply to iainpowell:

Did you sack it off at the car park?
 stuart58 19 Jan 2014
In reply to iainpowell: we went into corresponding and came out people we spoke to did red gully invernookie and steering bomber

Callum_Johnson 19 Jan 2014
In reply to iainpowell:

Lots of people walking out of t'sneachda mid morning, but still people heading in. The coire was busy; saw a number of teams on Aladdins Buttress, and a few topping out from Mess of Pottage when I was walking down.

How did you get on Iain?
In reply to iainpowell:

Saw lots of teams turning back too, wind was pretty bad on walk in but quieter on the buttresses. Went to do Hidden Chimney, good neve in chimney but top out was difficult in copious amounts of steep sugary snow. Saw a few sliding powder avalanches in Jacobs Ladder. Witnessed/talked to several people that had fallen through a cornice on the headwall at the top of coire cas after straying too far right of the descent ridge. Luckily all ok due to the amount of soft snow present, although one guy had lost the rest of his party.
OP iainpowell 19 Jan 2014
In reply to iainpowell:

We got into Coire an Lochain, had lunch and came back.
 Mr. Lee 20 Jan 2014
In reply to iainpowell:

We managed to climb Andromida on Saturday. It was wild (logbook entry says it all). We binned Sunday during the walk-in to t'Sneachda. Weather seemed even worse.
 Mark Bannan 20 Jan 2014
In reply to Stuart Hurworth:

Jeremy and I did Terms of Endearment on Alladin's Buttress. Climbing conditions for mixed were good - some ice to aid progress and not too much powder on the ridge. However, the top out over a dangerously crumbling cornice was trouser filling and the way off was distinctly unnerving! I nearly persuaded everyone to follow my mistake - we almost went down that steep headwall too (although thankfully not actually through a cornice). We went a bit further right and went down the ski slopes instead.

Cheers to Jeremy, Alex and "Budchawla" (sorry forgot your real name but I know this name is accurate for you on UKC)! It was good to have such a strong team around me to overrule me when necessary! Good effort on Patey's (I'll try it when ice is thicker and weather better!).

cheers guys!

M

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...