UKC

Moab Beta Required

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 OffshoreAndy 18 Jan 2014
Has anybody been to Moab recently who wants to share their experiences and has any recommendations of places to stay? The places I have found so far seem to be $100 plus a night and don't look so good. I thought you could rent a motel room for $50 or is that only in the movies?

I will be predominantly on a biking trip so any info would be good. Most interested in what trails are ridable from town, an idea of how long it gets to the start of them if you do this, and what we should utilise the shuttles for. We are there for 9 days at the end of March.

Finally I would love to go climbing when I'm there. Wondered if there are any Moab locals on here who might want to hook up for a couple of days climbing at Indian Creek.

Cheers
Andy
In reply to OffshoreAndy:

I stayed at a cheap hostel but wouldn't really recommend it. I rode Slickrock and Porcupine Rim from town. Not far away but uphill on the road.

I arrived via Colorado (climbnig in Boulder first) and did Monarch Crest at Salida on the way. Highly recommended high level x country with occasional rocky bits.
 steveriley 04 Feb 2014
I've camped twice at Up the Creek, hopefully still there and it's a good option - you don't need much more gear if you mostly eat out. I recommend the shuttle bus up to LPS followed by Porcupine Rim, it's a stunning day out. Run out of one of the bike shops on main street. There's other stuff you can do easily from town like Poison Spider, Hurrah Pass, Amasa Back from memory.
 cem 04 Feb 2014

There's a hostel called the Lazy Lizard (www.lazylizardhostel.com) It's probably the one already referred to but we didn't have any problems with it. We did however have a cabin to ourselves, away from the main building.

Try Mountain Project (a sort of US equivalent of UKC) for climbing partners.
In reply to cem:

> There's a hostel called the Lazy Lizard (www.lazylizardhostel.com) It's probably the one already referred to but we didn't have any problems with it. We did however have a cabin to ourselves, away from the main building.
Another vote for the Lizard, easy walk to/from town, cabins sleep up to four, bikes can (just) be kept inside, locked. Cheap as chips, book online, a no brainer. Cooking in the main Hostel but eating out (even breakfast - at the Diner) is not expensive either. Used it six times over the last decade, never fails for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...