UKC

Dancing at the crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jonny2vests 19 Jan 2014
I've politely suggested they tour Stanage with this next year, August Bank Holiday suit everyone?

vimeo.com/81904606
 tmawer 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Quite mesmerizing, but odd! The kind of idea I might come up with after a few pints.
OP Jonny2vests 19 Jan 2014
In reply to tmawer:

A bit silly I thought.
 JLS 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

You know sometimes you see things on the internet and you think, "that's absolutely bloody amazing"?

Well that wasn't one of those times.
 Robert Durran 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Got bored after about 30seconds. Why can't they just go climbing?
 Mick Ward 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

I believe there was a similar thing on El Cap a couple of decades ago. It seemed to be very well received at the time. It seemed distinctly odd to me. But (effectively pre-internet) there was no way of knowing what others thought. Looks like my view was/is pretty mainstream?? Or maybe it's viewed differently across the pond...

Mick
Cambridge-Climber 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:
They seem to be using single ropes and are surely in breach of the EU working at heights directive.

Fraser 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

'Masters of Stone 1' video, about 20 years ago. There's similar scene on that and I always fast forwarded it to get to the climbing.
 DerwentDiluted 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Its just abseiling with extra pouncing about.
 Mark Collins 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Maybe tilting the camera so it looks like they're stood on the ground would give it more impact, a bit of a Crouching Tiger... effect. Thanks for posting, but its not for me.
 john arran 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Maybe I'm a philistine but to me it seemed like a huge amount of effort must have gone into this and the resulting video seems to show precious little if any artistic merit. I'm sure there must be scope for genuinely beautiful and innovative vertical performance art but to my mind it would have to be very different to this.
 jon 19 Jan 2014
In reply to john arran:
I think I must be even more of a philistine, John. I hate this stuff. It seems so pretentious (though completely harmless, of course) to me. Remember Project Bandaloop? youtube.com/watch?v=mmoA3pcX3QE&
Didn't Marc or Anthoine Le Menestrel get involved in it, too?
Post edited at 16:24
In reply to Jonny2vests:

I think I might have been stuck behind this lot on Grooved Arete once.
 jon 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Turdus torquatus:

Brilliant!
 Chris the Tall 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Disappointed, I was hoping for a video of Mina Wooja Wooja doing her snoopy dance !
OP Jonny2vests 19 Jan 2014
In reply to jon:

And they banged in 12 bolts or so for this. Probable nuclear war if did that at Gogarth.
Bingers 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

I was quite impressed by the effort made by the tree in growing in that position. That's quite a lot of dedication in being determined to be a tree despite the seed finding itself in such a poor location.
 Michael Gordon 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

> And they banged in 12 bolts or so for this.

That's sad. A strange kind of art that relies on something quite ugly in order to achieve some sort of beauty?
 Rampikino 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

That qualifies as dance???

Awful
OP Jonny2vests 20 Jan 2014
In reply to Bingers:

> I was quite impressed by the effort made by the tree in growing in that position. That's quite a lot of dedication in being determined to be a tree despite the seed finding itself in such a poor location.

Trees do quite well here, there are entire forests on the Chief.
 Puppythedog 20 Jan 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Boring, seems to be little merrit in regards to dance and naff all merrit in any other sense.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...