UKC

Afon Ddu gorge scramble map? (conwy)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 19 Jan 2014
Ive checked the description of this on uk scrambles website but its quite vague, also looked on the OS map but not much help either.
Has anyone got a map that would show this gorge walk in detail or has anyone done it and would be kind enough to write me a decent description please?
 Mike Peacock 19 Jan 2014
In reply to ow arm:

What exactly do you need to know? Are you after a detailed obstacle by obstacle description, as that won't exist I'm afraid.

The gorge starts pretty much by the road
http://www.geograph.org.uk/browse.php?p=329817

Some deep pools, some easy steps, some harder steps, one large fall that you avoid on the left by diverting out of the gorge. It's normally popular with outdoor groups.
 Mihangel 19 Jan 2014
In reply to ow arm:

From the car park on the B5106 cross the road and head up the road(steep concrete road that leads up to the Cowlyd water works) , after 10yards, turn off on a footpath that goes to the start of the gorge walk. you'll pass a notice board which has a map of the gorge, which may assist. However in a nutshell, its a fairly straight forward(what you see at the start is what you get) and it terminates at the long waterfall with a path out on the left which takes you above it and back across the river above and out onto the steep road that leads back down to the main road. Have a recce if unsure.
In reply to ow arm:

If you want to recce it drop me an email and ill show you around if you want.
OP The Potato 19 Jan 2014
In reply to ow arm:

thats a good map and also very simple but just the description I needed. Thanks also highclimber but I dont think Ill need a guide for this one.
 Mike Peacock 19 Jan 2014
In reply to ow arm:

I should add there are a handful of other decent gorges in the area too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...