UKC

Warm feeling in my left testicle, sometimes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KingStapo 19 Jan 2014
Now that I've got your attention...

Actually the title is genuine; every now and then, probably a few times a day I get a warm flushing sensation in my left bollock, like someone turned on a tap and filled it with warm water.

It's actually quite a pleasant sensation, there's no pain or discharge or any other related symptoms, by balls don't feel any warmer in my hand during the sensation.

Just wondered if anyone else has such a sensation and if they ever got a decent diagnosis? Internet has numerous fora with people complaining of the same sensation but no-one ever replies with a diagnosis.

Pretty confident it's not cancer, unlikely to be an STD since... well, it just isn't, i'll spare the details.

Could be a varicous (sp) vein type of thing apparently...?

FYI - I'm 32, fit (cycle 70 miles a week but work in an office), climb about once a week.

Please don't waste your's and the internet's time with the obvious, "get it checked out by a GP..." response - no shit Sherlock?! If i was genuinely concerned, I would. At the moment i'm just 'curious'.
 Billhook 19 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo: and if it was something worth treating your GP will also be curious as to why you didn't visit him too!

duchessofmalfi 19 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicocele

One give away is that it is on the LHS. Read up - if it doesn't bother you then it is probably harmless but it can affect fertility, if this is a concern go to the doctors.

OP KingStapo 19 Jan 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

I did think varicocele, but the other symptoms don't match.

Should add that there's no swelling or enlargment of the nut or anything else.

Hydrocele could be a goer, but pretty sure I saw one on embarrassing bodies once and I'm pretty far off. Will definately try holding my scrotum up to the light when the sun come up though!
In reply to KingStapo:

See your GP. You might not want the advice, but it's what you actually need. TBH, it does sound like a variocoele, but out of interest have you been vasectomised?

I found a bit of a fluidy lump a few years back; wasn't worried, as it was non-painful, but was marched up the doctors PDQ by the good lady, and sent for a scan. Whilst there, I found out that it's a common sequel to vasectomy.

On the other hand, a guy at my vet school apparently sat through a whole term's worth of cancer lectures, whilst one of his testicles was slowly growing and getting more and more painful. By the time he sought help, he couldn't ride a bike and it had already started to spread. I think he was OK in the end, but it was very touch and go.

Always worth a visit to the quack.....

Martin
In reply to KingStapo: If you're not "genuinely concerned" then you woldn't be posting on the internet. Go see the doctor you pillock.

Sir Chasm 19 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo: Have you considered resting your mug of tea on the arm of the chair instead of your lap?
OP KingStapo 20 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:

To everyone posting saying go and see your GP - seriosuly? can you not read?! I told you I wasn't interested in that response.

Admittedly I wasn't explicit in stating that i'm well aware that a GP trip is the end game in terms of a final diagnosis. What i WANT from this forum is anyone with stories of similar symptoms, who may or may not have been to GP and had a diagnosis, or maybe had just accepted it, and it'd gone away or was still present after X years.

A GP is for a diagnosis, posting on a forum is for 'insight' anecdotal or otherwise.

So if anyone else had hot bollocks and hasn't died, i'd like to hear from you...
In reply to KingStapo:

> To everyone posting saying go and see your GP - seriosuly? can you not read?! I told you I wasn't interested in that response.

Show a little gratitude for the concern, old son. You don't know what's wrong with your testicle, and neither do we - so a GP visit is necessary. I've shared with you my own, ultimately benign, experience - and pointed out a case where someone else who thought they knew better almost died as a result.

If people are trying to help you despite your rudeness - rude is what you're being - a little introspection wouldn't go amiss.

See your GP.

Timmd 20 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:
'A GP is for a diagnosis, posting on a forum is for 'insight' anecdotal or otherwise.'

'Scuse me being pedantic, but GPs can give insight too.
Post edited at 00:48
 aln 20 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:

My anecdotal insight is you're being a bit of a tit.
 krikoman 20 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:

> So if anyone else had hot bollocks and hasn't died, i'd like to hear from you...

I had a hot bollock but I.... sorry didn't read all the sentence before replying.
 Gene00 20 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:

I once new a guy who had a similar sensation in one of his nuts, no he only has one.

Go see your GP you f*ckwit
 Dave Garnett 20 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:
>
> Please don't waste your's and the internet's time with the obvious, "get it checked out by a GP..." response - no shit Sherlock?! If i was genuinely concerned, I would. At the moment i'm just 'curious'.

Does the warm feeling correlate with you trying to concentrate? Does seem possible that your left testicle is what you think with.
 Andy Hardy 20 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:

[...]
> Please don't waste your's and the internet's time with the obvious, "get it checked out by a GP..." response - no shit Sherlock?! If i was genuinely concerned, I would. At the moment i'm just 'curious'.

I can't decide if this is the best troll I've read in ages. If my nuts started behaving oddly I wouldn't be interested in the internet's opinions and/or anecdotes TBH
 tom r 20 Jan 2014
In reply to KingStapo:
If it is a road bike are you wearing proper padded cycling shorts? I have had painful bollocks in the past due to not wearing shorts, which disappeared after wearing them again.
OP KingStapo 20 Jan 2014
In reply to tom r:

> If it is a road bike are you wearing proper padded cycling shorts? I have had painful bollocks in the past due to not wearing shorts, which disappeared after wearing them again.

No padding, and now I'm cycling a bit more it's more noticeable. Never painful though, no dull ache, etc.

Again, to all offering the incredibly helpful advice to see a GP - i appreciate your concern (honestly) and WILL see a GP in the coming week, the appointment is booked, I love being fondled by my GP!! But I posted to hear if anyone else had the sensation or knew someone who did and ever found out the cause.
 nufkin 20 Jan 2014
In reply to maisie:

> it was very touch and go

Testicles always are

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...