UKC

AAC (austrian alpine club)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 r.greaves 21 Jan 2014
Does anyone use the AAC for their reciprocal rights and insurance.

JUst starting to explore for trips away this year, primarily in French alpes, I have my BMC stuff and will conitnue with basics as i pay through a club, but benefits with AAC also seem very good.

Any views,good or bad experiences

Rich
 ross 21 Jan 2014
In reply to r.greaves:
Hi Rich, I've been a member for several years. The hut discount is is great and the insurance was great when my wife broke her leg 4 days ski from the car.
Cheers, Ross.
 alps_p 21 Jan 2014
In reply to r.greaves:

I've been using them for several years, and claimed insurance once. 6000 Swiss frank invoice was simply handed over to them and I never had to deal with it again. Recommended
 GridNorth 21 Jan 2014
In reply to r.greaves:

I've been a member for the last few years after the BMC premiums went through the roof. Never had to make a claim but I know people who have and not had any issues. Be aware that the cover is not as comprehensive as the BMC. In a worst case scenario I'm sure BMC is better.
 kestrelspl 21 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

Also very good experiences. They're paying for half of my Alpine skills course this summer as well after I've only been a member for a year. The day walks in the UK are also good fun.
mysterion 21 Jan 2014
In reply to r.greaves:

First time member in 2013 - with the hut discount it paid for itself on the third night and no problems whatsoever with acceptance. Reading the insurance document it covers you for medical on the way to the mountains as well as rescue/medical in the mountains so no need to insure for being hit by a tram in Zurich, etc.
OP r.greaves 21 Jan 2014
In reply to r.greaves:

Thanks all, much appreciated for your responses.

All the best, safe adventures

Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...