UKC

Under-gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim Chappell 21 Jan 2014
I increasingly think that thin soft leather driving-gloves are the business. Warm, waterproof, and don't stop you tying knots and fiddling with gear and cameras.

That is all.
 Chrismith 21 Jan 2014
In reply to Tim Chappell:
I'm a recent convert away from ridiculously expensive winter gloves from the big names to these:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/skytec-argon-winter-general-handling-gloves-black...

Just the best I've ever worn - Super warm, waterproof, grippy, fantastic dexterity and 7 quid...
Post edited at 18:48
 The Potato 21 Jan 2014
In reply to n.LiVE:

ive got some similar to those called ice ninja, do the job pretty well but will get wet
 peebles boy 21 Jan 2014

My mate forgot his biking gloves a couple of weeks ago so I lent him my £4.99 Tesco leather driving gloves (essential for maintaining my aristocratic appearance behind the wheel of the Transit van....)

He said they were better than his normal, £30, purpose built winter biking gloves!!!!
Tim Chappell 21 Jan 2014
In reply to n.LiVE:

Yes, I've seen climbers wearing those. Interesting idea.

I once tried washing-up gloves but that was, er, a washout.
 Jordangask 21 Jan 2014
In reply to n.LiVE:

I've just bought some! Thanks for the link!
 adrspach 21 Jan 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

Crommwell tool supliers sell goat leather Ejendals which are also lightly insulated under £10.
Tim Chappell 22 Jan 2014
In reply to n.LiVE:

> ridiculously expensive winter gloves from the big names

It was standing on belay on a rather soggy route in Glen Prosen that got me thinking again about my glove-choices. Because my £50 hi-spec mitts were absolutely sodden. I looked at them and I thought "How is this worth paying 50 smackers for?"
 Jim Fraser 23 Jan 2014
Still using the £10 leather gloves I bought in Tesco years ago for most winter outings. Beginning to show their age a lttle though. Wish I'd bought a dozen pairs.

(Lining is thin fleece. Outer treated with Nikwax Fabric and Leather.)
Post edited at 10:51

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...