/ New DMM Renegade Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Si Withington - on 22 Jan 2014
Hi

How have folk found the changes to the design of the new Renegade harness? I'm particular;y interested in how well it accommodates 4 ice screw clippers - I know 2 can be placed to not interfere with the other loops, but what about the other 2? Do they cause any major issues? Also, 7 loops is a lot - how well does this work when racking now they have changed the angles on the loops to push the gear back a bit?

Ta,

Si
steveshaking - on 22 Jan 2014
In reply to Si Withington:

New design works for me. Good fit etc. The gear loops completely different. THere are a lot but they aren't big. Soit helps keeps things separate. I have only used a single clipper and that was fine. I have just moved it to the forward position to help visibility, it does cut through the forward gear loop but it's still usable. howevever some capacity will be lost.
Jordanh031 - on 22 Jan 2014

I have found that the gear loops are rather unnecessary, I struggle to find two of them when racking gear. The floating hip pad is brilliant, I can't fault that.
I haven't used the ice screw clips so can't comment on that but the gear loops are just too excessive.

A reasonably in-depth review of the Renegade 2 here: http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.fi/2013/10/dmm-renegade-harness-review.html and just for you, i stuck the clippers on and some screws and took a photo: http://instagram.com/p/jeDxASrvH1/# How's that for service? :-)

I think I wouldn't use the front gear rack if I was using the two clippers like that, but you've still got the two back racks which would hold loads quickdraws and other bits of gear.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Si Withington - on 22 Jan 2014

Cheers for that folks and ta Toby for the pic! I could put up with that arrangement for the screw clippers. Not sold on 7 loops though - I've never needed more than 4 for long trad. I'll take a look at it though all the same as it's the best of a bad bunch of harnesses currently on the market!! Cheers again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.