UKC

nepal v other sportiva boots sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Radioactiveman 22 Jan 2014

I currently have a pair of la sportiva tango s evo gtx boots(44) and wanted to know how they compare in equivalent size sportiva nepals(maybe even baturas as i saw a few go cheap)

i know the best answer is go try some but i am sniffing out an ebay bargain and dont want to take the piss going in to a shop but at the same time would like to reduce the risk of odd fitting boots

Cheers

ps if anyone in kendal fancies letting a stranger try their boots on let me know
Post edited at 22:22
 Mountain Llama 23 Jan 2014
In reply to Radioactiveman:
I 've just swapped from trango evo gtx to the Nepal gtx. My feet had spread making my old trangos a tad to small and my toes were hitting the end! Plus i had some replacement orthotics which were slightly more volume so new boots required. My trangos were 41.5 and my Nepals are 42. Much better fit plus space for my new thicker orthotics. I think a 42 trango would not have been big enough.

So I would say the Nepals are bigger for the same size, by how much is hard to say, maybe at least 0.5 of a size?

Not very helpful but some evidence of size difference

Post edited at 08:57
 martinph78 23 Jan 2014
In reply to Radioactiveman:

I had Nepals and bought some Trango Evos and found the Trangos impossibly small in comparison.
In reply to Martin1978:

cheers for the replies guys,had the chance to try a pair of 47 nepals today and they fitted great. much smaller it than i expected for the size.best get some bought for all the snow that fell in kendal today ....
 petestack 23 Jan 2014
In reply to Mountain Llama:

> So I would say the Nepals are bigger for the same size, by how much is hard to say, maybe at least 0.5 of a size?

> Not very helpful but some evidence of size difference

But I take the same size (46) in both!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...