UKC

NEW REVIEW: Millet Charpoua Gore-Tex Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 23 Jan 2014
Millet Charpoua Gore-Tex Boots with Crampons, 4 kbJack Geldard takes a look at the B2 rated Charpoua Gore-Tex boots from French company Millet.

Looking for some Scottish winter boots for walking and easy climbing? These could fit your feet...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6070

sbc_10 23 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Thanks for this, a really good detailed description of the fit. I hope more reviewers give us this type of analysis in the future.
Finding the ideal boot is a bit like finding the Holy Grail.
Is there some injection moulding technique where we can take a cast of the internal space in a selection of boots (and the brands' lasts), and line up the 'moulds' side by side, or even view them comparatively in one of the 3-D rotational image thingys.
If you know the volume specification you pinkies love, then at least it gives you some idea of what to expect and where the blisters are gonna form.
Just wondering........?
 martinph78 23 Jan 2014
In reply to sbc_10:

> Thanks for this, a really good detailed description of the fit. I hope more reviewers give us this type of analysis in the future.

God I hope not!
 GarethSL 24 Jan 2014
In reply to Martin1978:

I was more interested by those freaky looking frontpoints. What crampons are those? I cant make out the branding.
Nick Barnard 24 Jan 2014
In reply to GrendeI:

Cassin blade runner alpines.

Boots look nice, but as always it's down to individual fit. Thanks for the review
 Qwertilot 24 Jan 2014
In reply to sbc_10:

There's definitely something - http://www.runningwarehouse.com/ - these people have been doing some sort of 3D scan and fit comparison for running shoes for a few years now.

Very detailed looking results - rotable 3D image of scanned shoe vs a known shoe you're wearing with colours for where the fit is different. No doubt there are often odd fit based problems that it doesn't pick up
(And obviously not for boots.).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...