UKC

UKC Standard of Spelling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 23 Jan 2014
I've noticed recently that, when typing some words in UKC, there seems to be some sort of spell check mechanism which attempts to correct me when IT thinks I have spelt something incorrectly. It's most noticeable when I enter words such as programme(NOT in the context of computing), colour, neighbour, favour.

By virtue of its title this site(UNITED KINGDOM Climbing) should surely be using correct(British)English.

Can I please ask the moderators to reset the spell checker to recognise correct English.

Rant over.
 balmybaldwin 23 Jan 2014
In reply to FesteringSore:

I would suggest this is nothing to do with ukc, and is infact your browser settings. I have no spellcheck appearing on any of the many browsers I use to access the site.

What browser are you using?
 ThunderCat 23 Jan 2014

It may be your local settings on your PC.

Mine kicks up an error on things like "colour" in word now and again and seems to prefer "color"

OP FesteringSore 23 Jan 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> I would suggest this is nothing to do with ukc, and is infact your browser settings. I have no spellcheck appearing on any of the many browsers I use to access the site.

Ah, interesting

> What browser are you using?

Mozilla Firefox

balmybaldwin 23 Jan 2014

I use ff too, somewhere in the settings you'll be able to change the language to british english... although it might be inherited from your overall pc language and location settings so check there too
OP FesteringSore 23 Jan 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Thanks, I'll have a look

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...