UKC

Seriously....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Antigua 23 Jan 2014
A bloke turned up to work on a Pinerello Dogma.

What are the chances its from errrr.... China?
 SteveoS 23 Jan 2014
In reply to Antigua:

Christmas present?!
Antigua 24 Jan 2014
In reply to SteveoS:

Yes, a present from China, have confirmed its a "Chinerello"

I know China does knock off DVD's, clothes etc but £10,000+ bikes.... is nothing sacred?
 DaveHK 24 Jan 2014
In reply to Antigua:

None of them are made in Italy. Not even the real ones.
bullandbladder 24 Jan 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

Yeah, but the real ones are built properly, tested properly and tend not to break.
 Enty 24 Jan 2014
In reply to bullandbladder:

> and tend not to break.

You are joking aren't you?

E
 stewieatb 24 Jan 2014
In reply to Enty:

Tend not to break unless you run over a child and frontflip onto your face, Bernie Eisel style?
 quirky 24 Jan 2014
In reply to Antigua:

Ah the good old myth that The 10 grand price tag means its hand woven by safety concious virgins! Nothing to do with the brand name??
 Siward 25 Jan 2014
In reply to quirky:
Probably out of the same factory....
 woolsack 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Antigua:

my Chinarello TT frame approaches it's third year...
 blurty 25 Jan 2014
In reply to stewieatb:

The bright young things from British cycling we see out and about here in the Peak District use un-branded frames. They look just like DeRosa/ Ribble (Who get them from the same place I suspect, but have them painted.)

If you know what you're doing, it must be possible to get a bargain unbranded frameset

(I wouldn't do it myself though)
 Strachan 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Antigua:

I suspect the British Cycling guys don't have 'unbranded' frames as such; rather frames from the big manufacturers that just haven't had the branding painted onto them because it's really not necessary and just adds to the expense of making the bike. Of course I might be wrong but then you'd still assume someone knew what they were doing!
All the Gear, No Idea 26 Jan 2014
In reply to Strachan:

or the frame manufacturers name clashes with their sponsorship deal/restrictions

A friend bought s disc wheel recently off a sponsored cyclist and was worried it was a copy as it had NO manufacturers stickers etc.
wheel proved to be genuine, and said cyclist explained that he could not use the wheel with the marking of the manufacturer on, as his sponsor did not want that brand associated with him

up to you if you believe him

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...