Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Bike bags and air travel

nniff - on 24 Jan 2014
I'm looking at taking my bike on hols in the summer - I don't do sunbathing very well but the rest of the family does. The bike seems like a good plan B, preferable to hiding in the shade with a book. So, I need to buy or borrow a bike bag or box. Climbing is sadly not an option at our chosen destination.

Can anyone please advise on the wisdom of putting a rather nice carbon frame and wheels in a soft bike bike (Planet-X or similar for c. 100) and putting it on a long haul flight? Am I more than likely to get a bag of crunched up bits at the other end? Is this why people sell hard boxes for 300 plus?

If a soft case is perceived to be sufficent I might go with that and buy one, else I'll go on the scrounge for a hard case - if I were to buy a hard case I'd get 'One Of Those Looks' and I really don't need that!
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums