UKC

The weather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JeanG 24 Jan 2014
Is it just me, or are other folks out there suffering from real depression due to the weather?
Can't cope with another weekend!
It's seriously making me ill.
 martinph78 24 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

Not serious just yet, usually hits me about the end of February. Think it's the lack of sunlight rather than the weather though.

I'm heading to the Lakes Sunday, regardless of the weather, just to get out!

Ignore the weather forecast and news for a week, and go out on a set day regardless. Just get up and go. Works for me when I'm going nuts!
 Babika 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

Yeah - I'm with you.

Mild and constantly wet is about the most useless winter combination going.
dt27348 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

Here in Oban this morning we had thunder,lightning and torrential rain of biblical proportions.Pulled the blankets over my head. Just when you think the weather can't get any worse - it does!
 tim000 25 Jan 2014
In reply to dt27348:

> Here in Oban this morning we had thunder,lightning and torrential rain of biblical proportions.Pulled the blankets over my head. Just when you think the weather can't get any worse - it does!

i think it`s just hit cheshire
 Flinticus 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

Planned a walk for today. Headed out and turned back 15 miles outside Glasgow as the reality of the weather hit me. Went to boulder at TCA instead. Maybe next weekend. Have left my bag packed.
 JohnnyW 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

Me too. Fed up with it. Have been getting out, but it's been dreich. Out next weekend in Glencoe/Lochaber, so fingers crossed!
 Tall Clare 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

It's pretty horrible at the moment - we went up Pen-y-Ghent today and I found myself yelping at points when particularly lumpy rain hit my nose. Proper washing machine weather.
 kinley2 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

It's certainly been rather irritating.

Used the weekend so far to book up a trip to Islay/Jura and Colonsay.

.....and arrange for replacement cooker and washing machines for our crumbling current ones.
 Dave Hewitt 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

Wasn't too bad in the afternoon in the Stirling/Dunblane area if you kept moving. Spent just under 2hr doing the Mickle Corum / Blairdenon thing from the Sheriffmuir road. Mix of dry cloudy stuff and a couple of showers - the second of which, just as I turned for home, consisted of driving big-flaked snow of the kind that completely cakes you in just a couple of minutes. It blew through in about 15 mins, after which the sun semi came out and the light was lovely. Snowline was 600m on ascent, 400m after the shower, but not any real depth in either case. Was in Walshes and ended up with chilly feet. Good to be out, though.
SethChili 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

I want snow - I even went to find some today , with it forecast to fall above 500m in the peak district . What I found was a horrible combination high winds , huge thunder storms with lightning all around me ( scary stuff ! ) and heavy icy rain .
This combined with the usual shin deep bog that is the dark peak made for a fairly miserable afternoon . The morning on the other hand was nice and sunny for the most part . The weather has been rubbish for the whole winter so far ( at least in england and wales ) and it is getting me down .
I'd give a lot to see a nice crisp winter's day with snow on the ground and blue skies .
 John Kelly 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

come on chin up there is stuff to do - I've just climbed Middlefell butress on raven crag with my mate and had a brilliant time, got hit by a violent squall full of hail halfway up, and had to fight the elements to stay in contact with the rock as we finished up the scrambling continuation - its was great fun - i have big plans for this week
 Joak 25 Jan 2014
In reply to JeanG:

Me and my mate went over Beinn Each and out to Stuc a' Chroin today from Loch Lubnaig, then back along the ridge and over Beinn Each on our return. Good old Scottish mix of wind, blustery heavy snow showers giving temporary blizzard conditions with the odd glimpse of blue sky. Getting out of the car in the pouring rain this morning required a determined effort. I'm Glad we did.
 John Kelly 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Joak:
good effort
langdale was quite busy today
Post edited at 19:09

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...