UKC

My Kindle -e-book has disappeared

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I purchased and downloaded a book for my android tablet just before xmas and was about threequarters of the way through it -- just at the point where things are getting very interesting.

I bookmarked my page and switched the tablet off last night before going to bed - but today there is no trace of the book on the tablet.

The kindle store acknowledges that I purchased the book but I foind that nothing happens when I try to download it again.

Anyone got any ideas as to what is going on?
 Nigel R Lewis 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

Poltergeists?

N
 caravanshaker 25 Jan 2014
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

There was a famous case where Amazon were contacted by the publishers of Orwell's 1984 with a cease and desist order as they had not bought the rights to sell it. With the Digital Rights Management feature, they turned off (deleted) everybody's copy overnight which had the same effect as you're seeing.

I'm not saying that has or hasn't happened this time, but it is something to be aware of. Buying and e-book isn't the same as owning it.

If I were you, I'd e-mail Kindle support and ask for help. They should know common bugs and be able to check your account on the server.
In reply to caravanshaker:

The book was written by a personal friend - and it was his son who let me know it was available from Amazon - so there should be no copyright issues.

I'll check with tech support.

Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...