UKC

Roof bars on octavia estate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 VS4b 25 Jan 2014
Any of the octy owners have experience of roof bars on the estate version (with roof rails)

I'm wondering if the aero bars are worth the extra and also whether the Thule set is worth 3 times as much as the cheapo cruz bars?
 marsbar 25 Jan 2014
In reply to VS4b:

I have a different estate with the same roof rails. I decided not to go for the aero bars in the end as I was intending to pad my bars with foam, so it seemed pointless. I did go with Thule, and think that it was a good decision, they are really well made and easy to put on and off. They come with locks as well. I didn't want to risk the cheaper ones, they seemed flimsy in comparison.

Roofbox.co.uk were great, good service and well priced.
In reply to VS4b:

I got my roof bars and racks from Green Valley. Fraction of the cost of Thule. Aluminium bars are semi aero and lockable - and the rack is the 'pro' type where you remove the front wheel and rigidly clamp the front forks via a q/r skewer. -- No clamping round carbon fibre or thin wall aluminium frame tubes that might cause damage.
OP VS4b 26 Jan 2014
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

Thanks for these - Green valley look great and a good bit cheaper - sadly out of stock on the aero bars... Still no rush really.

The cheaper bike rack should do too, as my roadie is Titanium so isn't soft and won't dissolve in the rain

Thanks again!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...