UKC

ipad / ipad mini help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CrankCrimp 26 Jan 2014
Hey all,

So I've been thinking about getting an iPad Air or an iPad Mini. Would quite like to stick with Apple as it will sync up well with all my music in iTunes etc.
Question is, I'd be using it a lot for business, which essentially involves a lot of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel work, and a bit of Photoshop stuff too.
How does this work? Cause I'm taking a guess that Microsoft stuff isn't going to gel well with Apple?

Cheers, Will
 sleavesley 26 Jan 2014
In reply to CrankCrimp:

No it's pages and numbers that the ipad uses. Not in the same league as word or excel, think more Microsoft works a few years ago, although I have noticed a bit of an upgrade recently.
If I was using it a lot for business and you wanted apple it would be a MacBook Air 11 inch if you wanted compact. Especially if you wanted photoshop too.
They do 0% finance over 10 months and i would be inclined to get a refurb model from their website to save some money.
 ColdWill 26 Jan 2014
In reply to CrankCrimp:
Get an Air and office for Mac if you want to create documents on the go otherwise get an App like iWork or QuickOffice or you can use a remote desk top but I've never done that.
Can you not put iTunes on a google or Surface tab if music is the main reason?
 SouthernSteve 26 Jan 2014
In reply to CrankCrimp:

If you have secure network access to your PC then RDC is good. The screen on a mini (old type) is a bit small, but the higher definition of a iPad Air is OK.

There have been rumours and rumours of rumours of an Office suite for iOS for some time, but nothing has been forthcoming.

HTH
 GwilymR 26 Jan 2014
In reply to CrankCrimp:

Pages and Numbers are compatible with Word and Excel.
 Neil Williams 26 Jan 2014
In reply to CrankCrimp:
I would personally go for an ultrabook (or Macbook Air) for that purpose. Even with a keyboard case the iPad will have a very small keyboard, and it can't for instance display two things on the screen at once in the same way Windows/MacOS can.

Neil
Post edited at 21:39

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...