UKC

FS: Full ski touring / freeride set-up for sale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Price: £270

Full freeride / ski touring / ski mountaineering set-up for sale.

Skis - Salomon 174cm. 108mm under foot with a large front rocker. Really great powder ski and also great on spring snow and crud. They are in OK condition. Lots of life left in the ski bit lots of cosmetic scratches and chips and they need a service. The edges are in good condition with a lot of life left in them. The bases have had a couple of core shots which have immediately been repaired. The tips have been scratched and chipped and on one of the skis part of the top sheet started to come off (about about 5cm cut off and then then the remainder stuck down with epoxy resin - affects the appearance a bit doesn't affect the ski in any way).

Bindings - Marker Duke. They ski amazingly and take a touring boot or an alpine boot. Scratched but in great working order. They are size small (other option is large, there is no medium) and so fit a sole length of 265 - 325mm. I'm a mondo 26.5 (EU42) which has a 300mm sole length.

Ski crampons - hardly used.

Skins - Black Diamond. Ascension I think (orange). These have been cut to fit a 95mm ski (also a little shorter) so they don't quite go to the edge of this ski. Shouldn't be a problem for most touring. In really good nick and the glue is in great condition. The black diamond webbing that they were glued to broke so there some small bits of plastic 1mm long stuck in the glue. You could pick this out if you could be bothered, but as it doesn't affect the performance I haven't bothered.

Basically this is a really great set up for some wants a fat ski to really charge on the downhill for both lift served off piste and touring.

Any Qs, just ask. Collection in person from central London is preferable but I will post too.

Please email stuart.johnston@traverssmith.com. Replies through the forum don't always get through to me.
Post edited at 11:22

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...