Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Fat Loss

TheDrunkenBakers - on 27 Jan 2014
Hey all, Im keen to learn about fat loss techniques.

Im aged 38 about 74kgs, 5'8". I'm pretty muscular underneath the puppy fat and run quite a bit/train in the gym. I'm off the booze for Jan and will be cutting down dramatically after Feb when I allow myself a drink or two.

I would say I need to lose about 8-10lbs to really start to see some abs, so not massive fat loss.

Thing is, I'm running lots this year for half marathons, 10k etc finishing with the Snowdonia full in October. Therefore I suspect I need plenty of carbs.

I suspect my weekly training includes two trips to the gym (mainly compound moves), 3 days running (various distances but on the increase), 1 day complete rest and 1 day I'm thinking of adding swimming or perhaps really gentle running.

I dont want to gain much more muscle (OK a bit would be fine - I'm not getting younger) but that's not my main objective. I just want to lose an inch or two.

The basics I know about such as cut down on the main processed carb culprits, no sugary drinks, lean protein, lots of veg etc. What else should I do?
... not showing 48 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums